Question Question on Jack plate

Never had a jack plate before just a set back. Can I adjust this up still or do I need to move where my motor is mounted at? I looks like its close to being all the way up! I'll have to play with it but I could be anywhere from a 1/4 of a inch low to a inch low on prop to pad.

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Take some more pictures from the back and side so you can see the boat and motor in the picture. What boat is it and what motor? If your mounted in the third hole from the top and jacked all the way up you may already be too high prop to pad for most boats. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=62660 This thread will show you how to measure prop to pad, just make sure everything is level including what ever you are measuring from.

3. Member
    That's not the question just curious if the jackplate can go up some before I start loosing up bolts. Just not familiar with how the jack plate works. p2p is at 3.75 phoenix 921 is the boat I have more than enough water pressure 23.

4. Member
    Go to the phoenix forum

5. Member
    From the first pic,it looks like you have 2-3" of rise left. Loosen up everything and see if it will go up.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    From the first pic,it looks like you have 2-3" of rise left. Loosen up everything and see if it will go up.
    Thanks that's what I was wanting to know!

7. Member
    Ok so I went to raise it up Sunday and I was correct it only went up barely 1/4 of an inch. So I have to raise the motor on the jackplate but is there a way to position the jackplate were I can go up and down +or- a inch? Because where its at now the plate is all the way up and I still need to raise the motor 1/2 to 3/4 in my oppinion to get the motor where I want it. If I mount it on the lowest mounting hole on the motor it will raise it a inch from where its set at now but if I need it higher I won't have anywhere to go!

8. Member
    The first picture shows it's already jacked up close to the top and the second picture you posted shows the plate is all but 1/4" or so from hitting the top so you have to move the motor up at least one hole and jack the plate down then raise the plate up to where you think you need it. In your case I'd move the motor up two holes and let the plate down 1 1/2" then start over raising it up again to get it adjusted right.

9. Member
    Thanks