On Board 3 Bank Charger Mounting

Just purchased a Minn Kota MK315D for an Xpress H17 I have ordered. The instruction manual for the charger advises against mounting in compartment with fuel tank. So where do you guys with an Xpress especially an H17, H51, or X17 mount your onboard 3 bank chargers?

2. Member
    Next to the fuel tank

3. Member
    That is where I would have guessed.

Minn Kota seems to be concerned about an electrical spark igniting gases from the batteries or fuel fumes. Obviously you have not had any problems with your choice of location.

I've got mine mounted on the bottom side of the battery access door, when charging just open the door all the way so it's well ventilated.
    Coonnasty

Cajun Navy 2016
    2000 X21 DC, 225 EFI

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coonnasty View Post
    I've got mine mounted on the bottom side of the battery access door, when charging just open the door all the way so it's well ventilated.
    Makes sense to have it well ventilated.

Thank you for your response and I like the Cajun Navy.

Have family in the Walker/Denham Springs area.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KARNIE View Post
    Next to the fuel tank
    Yep! I just open my rear deck lid. Never installed a external plug for this reason. You know it is vented this way. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

We open all my doors on the back deck of my X21TS to vent.. have done it from day one. It's better to be safe than sorry. My charger plug chord pulls out through a charger chord hole that seals up when not being used. Don't remember who makes it but we did install it. We did install our charger on an insulated board from the hull, just because of the aluminum being conductive in case something shorts out. Another thing that we don't remember if I read it in the Minn Kota manual or somewhere else to use the insulated board. We do have a disconnect for the TM, big motor, and accessories that use when charging and traveling. I know over kill but another safety factor in case something shorts out and the breaker at batteries does not trip

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

8. Member
    That's why I have insurance
    2015 X19 200 SHO