Flashed Mercury 75 OptiMax

I am curious as to the fuel economy and oil consumption on your engines since having your ECM flashed. I know both will increase, just curious as to how much.

2. Member
    Ping SHIP. He had it done on his BT 175. I don't recall if mileage was greatly affected
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    Ping SHIP. He had it done on his BT 175. I don't recall if mileage was greatly affected
    Dont know about the 2 strokes but on my 4 stroke it made it use a lot more fuel. But it runs like a 115 so I am sure it drinks like one too.

4. Member
    It is still pretty similar to before it was flashed. If you run hooked up then obviously it will burn a little more. I've always thought my 75 Opti ran better after the flash and I find the fuel/oil burn at my cruise speed is still very good. Just took a 40 mile round trip 2 days ago and figured I used around 7-8 gallons of fuel with some running spot to spot while I was down there. Mine has been flashed for several years now and runs great.

5. Member
    I tend to burn about 5 gallions or less per trip. I usually run around a lot more than i need to.
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro

6. Member
    Thanks for your replies. My ECU will be going out to Eric after Christmas. I go my prop, Laser II 24p, the other day. I do have to agree with the economy of the 75, it is very stingy with fuel.
    About the prop, do you guys run with the vent holes with open plugs or closed?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G4bama View Post
    Thanks for your replies. My ECU will be going out to Eric after Christmas. I go my prop, Laser II 24p, the other day. I do have to agree with the economy of the 75, it is very stingy with fuel.
    About the prop, do you guys run with the vent holes with open plugs or closed?
    I have the large holes in mine but to be honest I have tried the closed and didn't notice a difference.

8. Member
    small vent holes on my trophy 24p, i havent tried it any other way.
    Andy

2004 Pro Craft 192 SuperPro

9. Member
    Thanks for the replies.