Good Luck Dave Stewart!

Good luck Dave Stewart, I see you will be retiring at the end of 2018. Your reports and insight will sure be missed. If anyone hasn't had an opportunity to fish with Dave or attend one of his classes better get booked. I've fished with Dave several times as well as taking his class and enjoyed every minute of it. I was always lost ledge fishing and he made me believer and now I love ledge fishing. My personal best large mouth of 8+ pounds was caught with Dave. I hope you still have the chance to fish for fun.

Gary
    Basscat!

2. Member
    Oh wow. I will sure miss his weekly reports.

So what does a guy who fished for a living do after retirement?
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Banned
    Fish for fun... ... Congrats Dave... Dan

5. Member
    Congratulations Dave,honered to have gotten to fish with you. Maybe still see you at Fishermans Headquarters every now and then. Enjoy yourself

Congrats

7. Member
    After 26 years in the military and now 22 years on the water as a full time bass guide it is time to relax. I have been saying one more year for the past couple of years now so I finally made the decision that next season will be my last. I am looking forward enjoying my last year of guiding next season and then I am going to just go fishing. I found it harder to make that decision than I thought it would be but as many of you know, I have been fighting Stage IV cancer for over 4 years now and still fighting hard. I plan on still being around for a while but it is time to step back and let some of the younger guys take over.....I still have one more year guiding to impart a little of what I have learned over the years so if you would like to take my Eliminating Water Class this winter or take a guide trip with me before I retire now is the time to start making plans.

Thanks
    Dave

8. Member
    Congratulations on your retirement and prayers sent, and will continue to be sent, on your cancer. Me and my son fished with you 2 summers ago. We both learned a lot from you. I appreciated how you went the extra mile teaching him. (You probably figured out real quick that he had no shot learning from me. ). Congrats again!

Dave's class did more for my bass production than anything in bass fishing. Do it if you can.
    Ranger Forever

10. Member
    Congrats old buddy, you deserve a rest!!!

11. Member
    Congrats Dave
    best of luck in retirement, prayers for your health, and tight lines

12. Member
    Good Luck in your retirement yrs Dave. You have earned it, but how well will you be able to handle someone asking for a short guided pre tournament trip. Blessing for you and your wife, go see some new ground.

2011-721ProXp/250SHO

13. Member
    Thanks for your service Dave. Enjoy retirement. My son still talks about the time you spent with him and how special you made him feel at his first BBC INKY rally years ago at the meeting the evening before the Rally. Thanks
    Hans Deters

1996 ChampioN Fishunter 190
    1996 Mariner 225 EFI
    1996 Mariner 9.9

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stewart View Post
    After 26 years in the military and now 22 years on the water as a full time bass guide it is time to relax. I have been saying one more year for the past couple of years now so I finally made the decision that next season will be my last. I am looking forward enjoying my last year of guiding next season and then I am going to just go fishing. I found it harder to make that decision than I thought it would be but as many of you know, I have been fighting Stage IV cancer for over 4 years now and still fighting hard. I plan on still being around for a while but it is time to step back and let some of the younger guys take over.....I still have one more year guiding to impart a little of what I have learned over the years so if you would like to take my Eliminating Water Class this winter or take a guide trip with me before I retire now is the time to start making plans.

Thanks
    Dave
    Congratulations Dave, enjoy! Fished with you many years ago! You where the best guide I've fished with and I have fished with many.

EB,

15. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    Dave,

Pick a open date this spring I want to spend a day in the boat with you Carolina Rigging .

Only rule, you have to fish as well.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Thanks for all your help through the years.

Thanks, Joe Working

16. Member
    Will do Joe....looking forward to spending a day on the water with you again.

17. Member
    when are the eliminating water classes and how much ?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    when are the eliminating water classes and how much ?
    Yeah, I would like to know also.

19. Member
    I teach the classes on any day I have available in January and February. The price of the class is 200.00. This price will cover one or two people.