Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by imbatman View Post
    Ill spend the extra $175. That may be the way it is done now but that does not make it the right way. The guy that tried to do that to my house was going to squirt some silicone to seal it. What happens in 10 years when the silicone starts to get compromised by heat changes and weather?

They don't even want to put a face plate on it they want to use pre-made cables so not crimping in the field. I dont care what anyone says an unfinished hole in the wall is not right and should not be the standard. You know the home owner or a kid will pull from the inside on that cable and any silicone that is there would be compromised.

For what it's worth, I don't know any cable company that would EVER approve of that. That is absolutely ridiculous. I would've gotten fired if I left that. Wall plates were mandatory, silicone sealant on the bushing outside, drip loops, anchors every 18" on horizontal runs, 30" vertical, tuck it as close under an eve of the house or along the lines in the siding, etc. That is a lazy install to me when it would take an extra 5 minutes to do it right.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

2. Member
    I think this is corre t. Direct tv has one unit on cable and the other are wireless up to four. They can all watch different stations even record. I think I am right on this. Hope it helps.

Update: My SIL stopped by and took a look at the situation. Someone, either the cable guy who installed the system or my sister fooling around behind the TV, hooked up the cable amplifier backwards. Not that it’s hooked up correctly, the TV signal in both bedrooms is great.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12