Falcon for Thanksgiving?

Thinking about a trip there next week with kiddo....I have never been this late in the year, its usually spring when I go...Is the fishing about the same this time of year? Looks like weather temps are till up pretty good, not sure about water temp, if bass will still be on banks or shallow...Any tips on this time of year?
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

2. Member
    Best bet contact James at FLT he's out on the water often if not hunting.

http://www.tackleandrods.com/lake/flash.htm

3. Member
    I read his FLT report earlier, seems the fishing is pretty hot right now
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

4. Member
    Not sure yet, won't go until Late Dec and Late January to prefish. Water has stabilized and does look decent. Jimmy Steed has been doing well as of late. Not sure on the others.

5. Member
    I took a November and December trip every year for 9 years with the exception of last year. Had great success every trip but one. The one was a severe cold front that shut everything down. Weather looks great for next week by the weather guessers and I'm heading down for Monday-Wednesday myself. There are fish in every water column right now with the new flooded brush and the old standby of wood/rocks on drops. Get that kid down there and let him catch some mean fish. If you're down there at the same time or after me, I'll help if I can- just pm me.

6. Member
    Kiddo is working nights this weekend, gets off either Sunday or Monday morning...We are pulling out Monday morning around 0700 and heading that way. I have always stayed at Oso Blanco, so will prob call to reserve a room there for M-W as well.....Maybe we can grab some lunch or dinner after fishing if your there at the same time
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

A trip to Falcon should be great, looks like the fronts won't affect deep South Texas that much on the long range forecast for Thanksgiving week, as those bass shut their mouths and get very stubborn. I enjoy staying down on the lower end so I don't have to make that 30 mile drive each way, and the bite is much better on the South end at the moment. Safe travels and if you see me on the lake if I can help let me know.

Debra

8. Member
    Thanks Debra! We booked a room at OSO for a few nights. We will be putting in at the State Park, always had good luck putting in there. Will def be looking for you, we will be in a White/Blue Skeeter iClass pulled by a black Cummins
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

You are welcome Jimmy! Great looking BUG if I say so myself.....maybe next time give the place a try on the South end, under 2 miles to the water at the State Park ramp. Bring your food we have a huge outdoor kitchen and plenty of tables to sit around talk fishing enjoy an adult beverage and then a great meal. I'll be in my BUG BOAT as well. Safe travels to you and your son.

Debra

10. Member
    Debra whats the name of it? I looked online today and the weather looks great for next week....awesome temps and low wind from the forecast. We stocked up on a few more lures today, KVD spinners, few more XD and square bills etc....Tom in the above post is coming to Falcon the same days, would be nice to have a little BBC dinner or something while we are all there
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo

Jimmy, its Falcon Heights Motel, on your next trip give it a try and yes the weather is setting up great for the week. Don't forget your Rage Craws, just saying

http://falconheightsmotel.com/What_To_Expect.html
    Yes that's Steve Parks (Big O) Mr Rage Tail himself and my largest from Falcon.

I wont be available till Thursday and I believe you will be headed back home then, next time perhaps! Safe travels !!!!

Debra

12. Member
    Well crude....I guess I need to stop and pick some of those up somewhere....We are pulling out at 0700....May run to FLT and see if they have some, that's the only place that I have ever gone to up there...Watermelon color? My cell is 409-548-2826...Tom is also heading out tomorrow too...He should be there a little after kiddo and I
    Jimmy
    Phoenix 721
    12" Bobs Hydro Plate
    Mercury 300 Xs
    Dave Bush Racing Kit
    28.5 Bravo