Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    [QUOTE=jetswu87;8875325]
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post

I've read through those post twice now, and I think I left more confused than when I started. It was 2-3 members with pages and pages of arguments LOL. Was there ever a conclusion?

Speak - Here's the post. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=827658

After all of this reading it has me gun shy to pull the trigger on the Garmin. However the horror stories on Lowrance customer support has me gun shy on theirs, you're damned if you do...damned if you don't.

The deepest water I fish is 25ft, man made reservoirs. The consensus is that the CV52 is fine for that, however some of those screen shots are pretty poor and it makes me not want to spend this money twice.
    my comparison between a CV52 and Totalscan(which has a down element) gave the edge to the Lowrance.

For sidescan there seemed to be a tradeoff

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    the cv transducers do not have a down element. the gt's do. you want the gt if you can find one. they won't be around much longer
    this ............
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

3. Member
    the cv transducers do not have a down element. the gt's do. you want the gt if you can find one. they won't be around much longer
    Well the price for the black Friday combo is what has people interested, I don't have interest in buying a garmin unit to have to purchase a $300 Transducer on top of it.

4. Banned
    thats cool. dont buy it

5. Member
    the BPS ad shows - 73sv - Includes GT52HW-TM

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/garmi...-maps-172507-1

Good deal?

6. Member
    Looks like
    i need keep my gt52 now lol

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post

Good deal?
    From what I've seen in other threads anything that has shipped in the last few months is going to have the CV52 in it. Pretty much any box that says Clearvu on it.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post

Good deal?
    Some of these ad descriptions come from the original offerings before the switch to CV. Better find a way to verify what is in the box. Of course, with basspro you can always take it back.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

9. Banned
    It’s a good deal even with a cv transducer.

10. Member
    Some of these ad descriptions come from the original offerings before the switch to CV. Better find a way to verify what is in the box. Of course, with basspro you can always take it back.
    My 2 93sv units with GT52 transducers say DownVu on the box cover.

I have recently seen box covers that say ClearVu now.

The GT52s I have are black.
    Seem to recall that the ClearVu52 transducers were gray but don't hold me on that.

Take a chance or ask for the really dusty box way in the back if it is important to you.

I use the Garmin units for dedicated Panoptix use so the Down imaging part does't matter to me as I still run core series HB units with blended Down imaging anyway.

Still a nice unit either way.

Except for taking screenshots. LOL

11. Banned
    Some of the gt transducers are grey as well. They had the down element rotated slightly to try to get around the first court ruling. I tested a few

Some of the gt transducers are grey as well. They had the down element rotated slightly to try to get around the first court ruling. I tested a few

Troy always has the coolest transducer mounts. Were did you get that one from?
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

13. Banned
    Transducer shield and saver

14. Member

ducer

[QUOTE=ifishinxs;8874827]
    Quote Originally Posted by speak View Post
    is there a difference in the cv52 transducer from the gt52 transducer? I've heard the gt52 is best. What would be difference?[/QUO
    If you do a quick search here you’ll find all you need. Its been beat to death. I have both and in my conditions see no difference.
    Yeah, i'm more confused too.

15. Member
    Before I bought my Echomap 73sv I called bass pro to verify the transducer. It comes with a CV. Descriptions on website were never updated

16. Banned
    Our Bass Pro had 25 this morning and at 8:00 they still had 3 left. I almost bought one, but I was more interesting in buying some new rods instead.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Our Bass Pro had 25 this morning and at 8:00 they still had 3 left. I almost bought one, but I was more interesting in buying some new rods instead.
    A man’s got to have his priorities. Rods it is then! I’m addicted to NRX’s
    You can never have to many
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

18. Member
    I ended up picking one up, already installed it and water tested...going to start a new thread with some screen shots and opinions on transducer location.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswu87 View Post
    I ended up picking one up, already installed it and water tested...going to start a new thread with some screen shots and opinions on transducer location.
    Please do, I'm thinking about buying one......

20. Member
    With any luck I'll have a post tomorrow when I have some extended pc access...hard to do all that from a cell phone

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast