Rod holder ideas

I'm wanting to get into some live bait striper fishing and would like to get some rod holders to use but I'm not willing to drill into my 921 to do so. I mainly bass fish so I don't want them in there all the time. Does anyone have any ideas/pics on a way to do this? I'm not looking to put up a bunch but maybe 2 up front for me and 2 in the back for co-angler

2. Member
    Hardware store PVC fitting called a "Double Wye" google it. Now imagine running your rear and front seat poles through the center of them. Use the Y shape connections that angle out from the side to hold rods, or expand from them to create anything you want.

Other fittings such as "cross" or "double sanitary tree" are also good building blocks to start with that will fit your chair poles.

It's cheap and it is a great way to not drill or scuff up your fiberglass with clamps

3. Member
    Any chance you have a picture of this setup?

thank you

4. Member
    Google "seat pedestal mount rod holders". Lots of products/ideas to mimic

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnglerExperience View Post
    Hardware store PVC fitting called a "Double Wye" google it. Now imagine running your rear and front seat poles through the center of them. Use the Y shape connections that angle out from the side to hold rods, or expand from them to create anything you want.

Other fittings such as "cross" or "double sanitary tree" are also good building blocks to start with that will fit your chair poles.

It's cheap and it is a great way to not drill or scuff up your fiberglass with clamps
    Probably going to be the best option without drilling holes and mounting holders.

6. Member
    Heck I made one of these seat pedestal mount rod holders for my old boat before I knew searching the interweb was what the smart people did. Worked great and I think I had maybe 50 bucks invested in it. End caps with rope hanging out to secure the "rig" to the boat cleats. Worked great trolling for crappie and stripers.