Thread: Jackplate gauge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Bobs is available in colors, Atlas isnt. Far as I know, that's the main difference. As for performance, both are good. I have a Bobs.

I also just got the Leash. I'll just feel better having it on. Even if it doesn't work as stated, it HAS to take some of the force of impact out.
    I haven't put it on yet. Pretty easy tho, they say to hook it to the bolt hole where the power pole mount bolts into the JP. They even give you a longer bolt.
    Special orders on colors do take awhile. They are all literally hand made... in Michigan, I think.

An Elite hit a log or stump running 70 last season and it kept his motor down. Can't reveal name, promised Leash I wouldn't. They will be putting that info on the site soon tho.
    A great guy to talk to...sounds young and smart! They just got patent pending on the Leash, as well as a test video in the works.
    Just call him if you have questions. He's willing to talk and answer questions all you want.

2. Member
    The leash will be an addition in the future. Slowing it down would still be better than taking the impact of a merc pro xs.
    Price seems to be close either route. I keep goin back and forth but kinda leaning towards a bobs. Have never really read a complaint. Just not fully decided yet. I’m still new to the boat and the upgrades I’m making
    2014 Phoenix 920 pro xp / Merc 250 pro xs

3. Member
    Tom Edwards- Did you ever get your plate and gauge installed? Still figuring on where I will want my gauge installed.
    Thanks

4. Member
    I have the plate and gauge, but waiting for the Yamaha cable to arrive so I can do it all at the same time and not remove the console/gauges a send or 3rd time, and the specs to torque the plate to the transom, to install. Also have to decide what bracket to buy, or make, to install the gauge. There was a mount pictured on page one in this thread that I'm still thinking about--after I take some measurements to see if it'll fit where I think I want the gauge.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

5. Member
    That pic is a good ideal. Just lookin for other ideas

6. Member
    Well, I've been thinking of making a bracket from the side of the Precision bracket down to the 'shelf' on the console, then bending it to the left over to the middle bolt of the Precision mount. That would have a large flat area below the HDS unit which should be big enough for the gauge. Been too cold to go out and measure to see if the area will be large enough, and then design the bracket and bend up a piece of cardboard to fit. Then after fitting it, trace the pattern on metal. and bend to fit. And of course had to wait for the gauge to show up as I didn't know the dia of the gauge, and the bazel around the gauge to match the factory gauges.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

7. Member
    Well, got the home made bracket pattern roughly made. Now to fine tune it. Had to come back inside to warm up.

-Henry David Thoreau

author unknown

8. Member
    I hear ya. It’s to cold here right now to ticker in the boat barn (it’s not heated)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12