Striker 7sv transducer

is the cv52 considered a high def. transducer ?? Will the Striker 7sv use 800hz frequency in side view ?? THX

2. Member
    I can't answer your question John. The 2d is tops, being chirp. The CV52 and GT52 are probably the most popular. Using the term "high def" you seem to be focusing on the degree of detail. Of the CV/GT transducers I think the 40, 50 and 30 would provide the most detail along with the 51 on 455 kHz. At least the specs read that way. When it comes to describing transducers as high definition that is primarily a Humminbird designation that separates the compact side imaging transducer from their high definition HDSI transducer. Airmar using the term in describing some of their 2kw and 3kw transducers. Lowrance uses it to describe their HDS unit - High Definition System. Garmin uses it describing some of their Radar systems. If Garmin uses that terminology in reference to any transducers I am not aware of it. That don't mean they don't, just that I don't know.

Yes. the Striker 7sv with the CV52 can be set to 800 kHz.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Banned
    check out the image interpretation forum for some CV52 screenies

4. Member
    Thx guys, I am trying to decide between a Striker 7sv, Echomap 7sv, and a Helix 7si g2, I don't really need maps as long as I can follow a trail back, I just want to decide before the Black Friday sales hit

5. Member
    what did you end up with?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skunked again View Post
    what did you end up with?
    Sorry still trying to decide, after researching I may bite the bullet and get a map unit, echomap 73sv and also get a gt40 tansducer, still waiting on the good deals

7. Member
    I'm in the same boat, still waiting on " that deal". Trying to debate on mapping or just gps also. I primarily fish the same three lakes.
    New or used is yet another question.
    Not sure if it helps or hurts me that, at the moment, I don't care who's name is on it.

8. Member
    I am also considering the Helix 7si chirp g2 and upgrading the transducer, also the Elite 7ti totalscan but the size of transducer worries me because I fish shallow and don't want to break the thing

9. Member
    I just looked at Dick's website, 25% off for cyber Monday

10. Member
    I waited too long, sold out, $524.99