Thread: Wiggle Warts?

Question Wiggle Warts?

I've got a bunch of wiggle warts I'm planning on selling. My question is does ALL the pre-Rapala ONLY have "wiggle wart" under the lip or on the belly? I've got a couple that doesn't say anything and I don't think they are the "new" storm era wiggles. Also what's the best way to price the baits? I've got several brown, green phantoms and craw colored baits. It would be nice to be able to sell them all as one lot just don't know if someone would want to drop that kind of money for a 3700 deep box full of them. Thanks!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by back_lash View Post
    I've got a bunch of wiggle warts I'm planning on selling. My question is does ALL the pre-Rapala ONLY have "wiggle wart" under the lip or on the belly? I've got a couple that doesn't say anything and I don't think they are the "new" storm era wiggles. Also what's the best way to price the baits? I've got several brown, green phantoms and craw colored baits. It would be nice to be able to sell them all as one lot just don't know if someone would want to drop that kind of money for a 3700 deep box full of them. Thanks!

I would be interested in what you have, possibly taking the lot. I am in Louisville as well ,shoot me a PM .

3. Member
    I would be interested as well.
    current boat
    08 Champion 188CX
    08 Mercury 200L Optimax 1B544722

previous boat
    04 Champion 198 Elite
    04 Evinrude 225 HO DI E225FHLSRM

4. Member
    I also may be interested. As far as being marked on the belly or the lip, yes, technically all pre raps are marked there. However, sometimes it wears off pretty easy, etc. Look at the seam on the back and then just compare the unknown side by side to a marked one. The eyes and bottom of the lip is normally where you'll see the difference.

Okay guys here are some pictures.

Pic 1: Craw colors, some used missing paint, some look like they have never been fished and a couple in boxes. The two in the boxes are phantom green.

Pic 2: Custom pre-Rapala repaints, think I got them all off the board members. Might should have took a picture of the second roll of the bellies, they really look good. Think only the 3rd roll has been fished.

Pic 3: All stamped on lip, 2 suspending stamped on belly. The ones in the package are Chartreuse, Pumpkinseed, Tn shad.

Pic 4: Stamped magnum wiggle warts

Pic 5: Bait's I thought about trying to repaint myself but just never have time. The one upside down has a cracked lip.

Pics of the ones that are not stamped on the lip or belly so don't know if they are pre-Rapala baits or not? I'm thinking I've had them for a long time, maybe just not "storm" brand?

6. Member
    Do you have an idea of how much you want for them?

I've got a couple of guys, that are going to help me on pricing.

8. Member
    Pm sent

9. Member
    PM sent

10. Member
    I've got a couple of guys, that are going to help me on pricing.
    Yeah, you'll have a pretty good chunk there. Whenever you come up with a price, just shoot me a pm.

11. Member
    Nice collection

Any one know if the bottom 3 baits are pre-Rapala wiggle warts? Think the pictures covers everything.

Any one know if the bottom 3 baits are pre-Rapala wiggle warts? Think the pictures covers everything.
    Fluorescent Red looks to be a Brads, because of the lip and eyes. V37 Brown Craw could very well be a Wiggle Wart with WW worn off. V38 Green Craw looks like a newer Post Rapala/ Storm Wiggle Wart; because of the paint and eyes. IMHO.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wtrwsel View Post
    Fluorescent Red looks to be a Brads, because of the lip and eyes. V37 Brown Craw could very well be a Wiggle Wart with WW worn off. V38 Green Craw looks like a newer Post Rapala/ Storm Wiggle Wart; because of the paint and eyes. IMHO.
    I agree.

15. Member
    did you come up with a price?

16. Banned
    Of the bottom three, the one in the center is the oldest, and I don't think the one on the left is a wiggle wart. I have a lot of old warts that have a split ring, then they started putting cross lock snaps on the baits.