Praying Best BGE Entree for 20-24 Peeps?

Having about 20-24 peeps over next month so not wanting to do turkey or ham, since so close to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Something "up scale" that's not crazy priced would be great. Last time did pork loin and chicken breast. If you have a killer recipes please share... Thanks for the replies.

2. Member
    Hands down, pulled pork. Depending on what size Egg you have, you can get several butts on there. You can do one with a standard BBQ rub, one with a Tex-Mex rub, one with Asian etc. I did a few variations of pulled pork for a big party and it was a huge hit. Set up a buffet station so people can make their own sandwiches, tacos etc: Soft corn tortillas, pulled pork, diced pineapple, cilantro. Traditional pulled pork with slaw on quality onion rolls. The combinations are endless.

You can find pork butts for .99 per lb. Good luck and let us know what you wind up doing.
    Last edited by fishing66; 11-15-2017 at 04:06 AM.

3. Banned
    Brisket and burnt ends ,pork shoulder...Spendy but rib roast. Obviously you have to go with a big hunk of meat. Maybe a big dutch oven chilli with a bbq chuck roast Q'd then cut up and cooked in with the chilli.

Like the Rib roast ideal. I'll have to see if I can find a nice cut that's not crazy priced.

5. Member
    Prime Rib, A full 8 bone rack and a half rack should do it. Total cost should be around $140 to $170