Not Banned

Really wanted to like the Ranger 198P

But it looks just like the 188. I didn't measure it but if there's any difference it isn't obvious. Seems the only difference is the angled transom and the padded hull. I'm 6'4 somewhere between 280-300 and there is no room for me in the cockpit. My leg rest on the controls. They said they could remove the kick panel but that's not going to be much help. The search continues.

2. Member
    I'm 6-3 when I ordered my 188 . They raised the cockpit 2 inch now have plenty of leg room and I put on a 3/4 in shim under the steering wheel which gives me more room .

3. Member
    They have an option for an adjustable steering wheel that makes getting in the drivers set a little easier. I agree the cockpit is tight and took me some time to adjust to.

4. Banned
    Big guy in a little boat!!

5. Not Banned
    The one I sat in was an adjustable steering wheel.

6. Member
    It’s the same leg room as the 188 if you take the foot rest out, it gives about an extra 6” to stretch your legs. There’s only 6 screws that hold it in.

7. Member
    I am the same size as you. When I was shoppping the 188 was tight but manageable. Pretty much the same as the tracker I ended up with. What really struck me as odd was the really awkward location of the throttle on the 188.

8. Member
    I removed the angled pieces on both sides of the floors. It is quite amazing the difference that makes. As far as the throttle position, I have no clue why they didn’t slide that back a few inches it is quite awkward. A hotfoot may be in my future.