Question thoughts on Ruger LCPII 380??

Looking for some input from Ruger LCP II owners. Pros, Cons,

Thanks.. Greg
    ...Greg

first round jams and does not chamber on loading 75% of the time. You must load Mag very gently at best or first round will move and point upward and not chamber. Common problem on both the version 1 and 2 Do a google search. Uncle has one shot it and we had nothing but problems with first round not chambering and was ready to toss it after 50 rounds. He has not shot it again.
    Bassboatseats.com your one stop seat & carpet
    replacement headquarters
    http://www.bassboatseats.com

3. Member

USA

The LC9 or LC9s are both good pistols with few problems. Though they are a bit larger (not much ). And "racefan" send your pistol back to the factory, they will take care of you.

4. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gkropat View Post
    Looking for some input from Ruger LCP II owners. Pros, Cons,
    Greg... Check this out: https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...cp-ii-handgun/

I had one and sold it... Not a fan of the LCPs

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I have one and like it. Doesn't have a standard safety, but the long trigger pull on the first shot and the grip safety do the job. I figure a gun I take with me is worth 100 guns at home, so the small, easy to carry .380 is a good choice.

ETA: after reading the review linked above, I can't disagree with what they say, but to me, none of that matters. This isn't a match shooting gun, and I think the odds I'll engage in a gun battle are slim enough to disregard. I don't care if the gun even has sights. I expect 99.9% of the time, just having a gun will be enough to ensure your safety, and the times it isn't will probably be very close range where sights and recoil are way down the list of things I care about. The ability to carry this gun in your pocket or have it in your hand in a jacket pocket is where it excels.

It isn't a home defense gun, and isn't what you want if you are routinely going to risky places or in a security role. But it's no bulkier than a cell phone so it's easy enough to carry that you'll never leave it behind because of the way you are dressed.
    Last edited by CatFan; 11-16-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. Member
    I looked at that gun and it is small i ended up with LC9s little bigger everybody talks about the trigger pull but dosnt bother me this gun like catfan said will be used for self defense and pretty close range ive only put a few clips through but so far so good. I post in the lounge about it and somebody posted some you tube reviews about it thats pretty good.

I had the LCPII I had no issues with mine. I did sell it and get a LC9s. I just wanted little larger round, but the LCP was more of a pocket pistol than the LC9S IMO

8. Member
    Got my wife a LCPII for my wife when we get our CCL. So far, no problems with hers.

Thanks for all the comments
    ...Greg

10. Member
    My wife and I both carry one. Great little concealed weapon. There are fancier high end pistols on the market, but for the price and availability of parts and accessories the lcp is hard to beat IMO.
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-pistols/...eed-issue.html

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=271423

this is what I was talking about. My uncles had same issues when we shot it. He does not care he bought it to just have a 380.
    Bassboatseats.com your one stop seat & carpet
    replacement headquarters
    http://www.bassboatseats.com

12. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    They are great guns and very popular. If you want a gun you can fight with and protect a herd then keep looking. If you want a gun you can survive long enough to get out of trouble its a good choice.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

13. Member
    i have 2 LCP Customs--never any issues with them
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max