Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

USA Battle Born's new 24v 50ah battery

Battle Born has released there 24v 50ah battery. Right now it's on sale for $899.. Regular price is $999.

Use my coupon code: Thecouponofbuck and receive even more of a discount and free shipping in the lower 48.*
    This coupons code also works for the 12v 100ah as well as the 12v 50ah models.*

https://battlebornbatteries.com/shop...cycle-battery/

I also received news today that the cranking battery is still in the works. They are developing a whole new battery. So it's going to take a little more time.*

Thanks Buck

2. Member
    Something not usually thought of, because of the light weight, one could move this style battery forward, shorten the T/M leads, and open up room in the back.

3. Member
    Will 1 battery be enough?

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Will 1 battery be enough?
    It depends on what kind of fishing you do and for how long. I run the 12v 100ah in a 36v setup in a river system and I can fish for days with these. I personally do not have any experience with the 50ah batteries.

5. Member
    I would really like to know if these will work with a Stealth one charging system..............

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by WSfishin View Post
    I would really like to know if these will work with a Stealth one charging system..............
    That is a great question, and an answer I too would like to know. If so that would make the 50ah batteries more appealing for sure.

7. Member
    I know that the Stealth 1 will work with other manufacturer's lithium batteries. The Charge on the Run box has a jumper to select either 24 or 36 volts. You could call or email Danny at Stealth 1 and ask.

8. Member
    Call Danny at stealth 1.

9. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas

Reasonable question.

Stealth refuses to publish or disclose their charging algorithms. A battery charger's algorithm is necessary for a battery manufacturer or charger buyer to know if a charger is compatible with their battery.

I don't use, recommend or trust electronics products that hide behind their interface specifications.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou r Pitcher View Post
    Reasonable question.

Stealth refuses to publish or disclose their charging algorithms. A battery charger's algorithm is necessary for a battery manufacturer or charger buyer to know if a charger is compatible with their battery.

I don't use, recommend or trust electronics products that hide behind their interface specifications.

Agreed. There is too much mystery with that company. No prices on the website. No information on how it actually charges. The Yandina Trollbridge is a much simpler, cheaper product that accomplishes the same thing and it passes 100% of the amperage from your engine to the batteries to boot.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

11. Member
    Of course you can call Danny at stealth 1 and he can and will most likely answer all your queations.. doesn't seem like he's hiding to me..

12. Member
    Of course you can call Danny at stealth 1 and he can and will most likely answer all your queations.. doesn't seem like he's hiding to me..
    You could...however this is 2017, you're missing out on sales and people will absolutely pass your product by without detailed specifications and the ability to order the product right on the website. His decision but, I won't even call because I found an equivalent product that worked for me with 100% detailed info elsewhere and was able to purchase it right then.

When I'm sitting on my couch at home ordering stuff to do an install I want to just order it. If I have to wait until Monday to call then I forget and it ends up being a week and I still haven't made time. This isn't really a rant about Stealth, more about mail order businesses that can't spend the time and money to actually build an effective website to help me buy their product. He's not the only one. It's too easy to get it right today for me to waste time with a company that doesn't.

I'm sure it works great, however.

To clarify, the Trollbridge will not work with a 24 volt battery. However with 12volt batteries, it does give you the capability to use all batteries as an emergency backup.

13. Member
    Did.

Friendly but refuses (or possibly is unable) to answer very basic questions on charging.

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Did.

Friendly but refuses (or possibly is unable) to answer very basic questions on charging.
    Interesting..

15. Member
    Did.

What kinds of questions for example? When i called him he seemed very informative and helped me with my questions on setup etc. It seems the Srealth charger set-up is really good..

16. Member
    I may have confused everyone.......my question was specific to the battery not the Charger.I run the Stealth charger currently with my Lithium pros but I’m going to go with a different brand battery but only if compatible with the Stealth charging system.....I was hoping someone on here would know if it works.......I inquired at Battle Born and they haven’t got back to me.......I’m gonna have Danny figure it out I guess......

17. BBC SPONSOR
    I may have confused everyone.......my question was specific to the battery not the Charger.I run the Stealth charger currently with my Lithium pros but I’m going to go with a different brand battery but only if compatible with the Stealth charging system.....I was hoping someone on here would know if it works.......I inquired at Battle Born and they haven’t got back to me.......I’m gonna have Danny figure it out I guess......
    Did you try to call? They will be open tomorrow.

18. Member
    Yep twice......they were going to reach out to stealth......

19. Member
    If you ask a charger manufacturer salesperson, they will typically say they can optimally charge most any type of battery......they don't though offer to pay for battery warrenties or reduced lives that their charger may have caused.
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 11-20-2017 at 05:30 PM.

20. Member
    If you ask a charger manufacturer salesperson, they will typically say they can optimally charge most any type of battery......they don't though offer to pay for battery warrenties or reduced lives that their charger may have caused.
    Exactly. Gotta have the algorithm to know for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast