Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Aside from the obvious that going fast is FUNNER than slow...I think speeds just a convenience thing. Easier and quicker to get across the lake going 60mph than it is 30. My tracker tops out at 30 and its all I need....but I do get a little jealous when I get overtaken by a nitro with a 300 on it flying at 80 mph! lol

Much more responsibility going higher speeds tho! Im on my first boat, and owning a kayak 1 year is the extent of my watersports experience....so going 60mph+ is prolly not something good for me....and the general public! lol

No advice since im a noob myself....but I think the bigger you can swing the better....as far as the boat. Bigger boats are gonna be more stable....but its all about finding the balance for whats right for you. I trailer my boat 2 hours each way to go fish....doing that in a small aluminum is better for me (financially and logistically since I drive a 2wd Tacoma) than a bigger fiberglass....whereas Joe Blow (other boat owner) doesnt face my same issues and maybe a big fiberglass is the right boat for him.

Start another thread...youll get loads of help. Do a lot of searching too....lots of people have similar questions im sure youre wondering about.

2. Member
    I am 6'5", so a bigger boat is a must just so I can fit into them. 18' at least. I've looked at aluminium boats, but I feel they're usually just to small for me. I get the cool factor in going fast, but unless you're fishing a tourny and have to drag race someone to the honey hole, I'm just curious as to why it's so important. Thanks for the reply! I think I will ask the same question in a new forum and see what people's thoughts are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12