Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    Why aren't charges filed when illegal blindside hits in football result in serious injury?

You can't be that stupid...

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    You can't be that stupid...
    Thanks for the kind words man.

3. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 520TDY View Post
    Can't speak to this particular incident but I am surprised it doesn't occur weekly. Many of us who have participated in college athletics at the full scholarship level have either witnessed or experienced excessive , insulting, debasing ,crude vulgar tirades , some borderline physical contact directed at 18 to 22 year old athletes who are putting forth the absolute best effort they can. This occurs in practice in front of the team (15 players) , actual games with 75,000 in attendance, or even a national TV audience. Young men who are powerless to even express themselves are rudely confronted by coaches who make the big bucks. Turn on your Tv and watch football and basketball coaches "politely" address individuals on their team during time outs. If your employer addressed you at a company meeting in this manner, my guess is that many of us would quickly deposit our " Boss" on his rear end, quickly terminating that particular line of discussion. Like I said , can't comment on this particular incident even as bad as it looked, don't know all the facts or how long this has been brewing. Probably absolutely wrong but I'm not surprised the event took place. I am certainly surprised it doesn't occur far more frequently. Would you allow your son or daughter to be treated in this manner by a "coach" , "spouse " , or any one else ???
    It's no different in high school sports as well. And not just on the boys teams. I don't have an answer and don't think the players should physically attack coaches. But something needs to be done. The flip side is that many super stars are made or become super stars after great coaches push an athlete to the next level. Where is the compromise?

Maybe this kid will apply with the Detroit police.

Sucker punching punk .. hope he enjoys being the fry guy at McDs

6. Member
    Do all players convicted or admitting to assault of ANYONE normally kicked off teams and expelled? Wondering if this is standard practice or does it depend on the victim being a coach or a woman?

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    Jim,you know how he knows they’re thugs.
    Ok, so he's not a thug. However, he is a sucker punching PoS. Does that make it better for you?

The player punching the coach won't be arrested, just like when a coach punches a player...even an opposing player.

"The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Member
    Who goes into a fight thinking "okay, this has to be fair"? If you gonna fight, fight to win and whatever it takes is good with me. Sucker punch is a term for the sucker who wasn't prepared. I don't like to fight but I ain't gonna explain the rules or listen to your rules if i have to fight. . The kid will probably be deemed to have concussions and sue the School and win.

10. Member
    Can't speak to this particular incident but I am surprised it doesn't occur weekly. Many of us who have participated in college athletics at the full scholarship level have either witnessed or experienced excessive , insulting, debasing ,crude vulgar tirades , some borderline physical contact directed at 18 to 22 year old athletes who are putting forth the absolute best effort they can. This occurs in practice in front of the team (15 players) , actual games with 75,000 in attendance, or even a national TV audience. Young men who are powerless to even express themselves are rudely confronted by coaches who make the big bucks. Turn on your Tv and watch football and basketball coaches "politely" address individuals on their team during time outs. If your employer addressed you at a company meeting in this manner, my guess is that many of us would quickly deposit our " Boss" on his rear end, quickly terminating that particular line of discussion. Like I said , can't comment on this particular incident even as bad as it looked, don't know all the facts or how long this has been brewing. Probably absolutely wrong but I'm not surprised the event took place. I am certainly surprised it doesn't occur far more frequently. Would you allow your son or daughter to be treated in this manner by a "coach" , "spouse " , or any one else ???
    Look at Nick Saban's resume and tell me the screaming and yelling doesn't work. He looks like he's ready to blow a gasket when they're up 50 points in the 4th quarter. I'm not saying a coach can't take it to far but how many times have you heard an athlete talk about a coach that took it easy on them and was all hugs and kisses that led to them being great? 0 for me. It's usually them thanking a coach that pushed them when they thought they had nothing left that got them got the next level

do you have the same feelings towards a drill Sargent in the military?

When I first saw this title I assumed he played for the Vols or Gators .

13. Member
    There are a bunch of fans that feel like punching our coach right now!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoomworms View Post
    There are a bunch of fans that feel like punching our coach right now!

Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    When I first saw this title I assumed he played for the Vols or Gators .
    Ouch!, that didn't take long

Spanky

Ole Brett Bielema is a BIG fella, make sure you punch up

Spanky

Yep, That was wrong, gotta have some self control, this is more common everyday, the new normal America pissed off at itself/eachother

Spanky

18. Member
    my guess is this is another situation of not being able to deal with an authority figure. Except to lash out.
    BB1

Wow from TSU, home of too tall Jones. Big John Merritt is rolling over in his grave on that. Had the pleasure of seeing one of their games back in the late 70's and having him speak at our HS athletic banquet early 80s. He would not have put up with that kind of behavior.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

20. Banned
    If your employer addressed you at a company meeting in this manner, my guess is that many of us would quickly deposit our " Boss" on his rear end, quickly terminating that particular line of discussion.
    And you can do that. Of course, it's the real world with real consequences...arrest for assault, jail time, civil suit, and loss of job comes to mind. But hey...go ahead and clock that MFer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast