Thread: Koon's Landing

Koon's Landing

Anyone used this ramp lately? May go this Saturday, just checking before I make the trip.
    Thanks

wow.......45 views & no comment. So nobody uses the ramp on Skull island on Lake Murray anymore?

3. Member
    Its been a little bit since Ive been there but it should be fine. Why wouldnt it be?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    Never stop believing and never stop chasing your dreams.
    Galatians 6:9

www.kgfishing.com

USCG Licensed and Insured Fishing Guide - Lake Murray and Clarks Hill

It's been a few years since I've been there. Some times thing change, just checking if it was still a good ramp.
    Thanks kg.

5. Member
    We used it beginning of October with no issues
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Went to Koon's Saturday. Ramp was fine. Parking area needs some patch work ( near the ramp) but nothing bad. Wouldn't hesitate to use again, which I will next Saturday.
    Thanks

7. Member
    I haven't been there in three years and that cold azz. January day me and my wife could not find a parking spot. There were rigs parked up and down both sides of highway and in front of homes. We went to Big Manns

You're right g-string, it does get a lot of boats. There were a lot of boats there Saturday but thank goodness not full. Will probably try it again Saturday.

9. Member
    Ramp is good to go

10. Member
    Tracer, just curious, did you do any good on Murray? I am thinking of hitting Murray this weekend myself.

Yea, it was pretty good but windy. Had my wife with me so couldn't fish exactly where I wanted but she's an excellent partner that never complains. She's a good worm fisherman though, LOL. Caught a few on brush piles & canes. Had the most fun with schoolers. Caught 3 on pencils, 2 on buzz & one around 5 on double fluke. Wife caught 3 on spinner & 2 on worm. So it wasn't a bad day. Do you or anyone else use any other ramps on that side of the lake. I have used SCE&G 3 once & will never again. Don't know about #4.