8 or 10 foot power poles

Just ordered a trx 20 try to figure out if I should get 8 or ten foot power poles . Garage door is not an issue I have ten foot wide and tall doors . Thanks for looking.

I went with 10's. It's not much diff in price and like having more range with the length. If it's not a problem with the door go for the 10's.
    Eddie
    2017 Phoenix 920 Pro XP Mercury 250 Pro XS

I have ten foot blades now, my next boat will have either 8' blades or talons. I had a single 12' talon befor so I know what I'd be getting there. My rough water running and now the ultrex make 8' blades my top choice but actually getting locked down when the sonar says 11.5' is sweet.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tnsmallmouth View Post
    Just ordered a trx 20 try to figure out if I should get 8 or ten foot power poles . Garage door is not an issue I have ten foot wide and tall doors . Thanks for looking.
    Happy to give you the best pricing when your ready.

i have 10` poles the height of the garage door is 8`.
    Solved the problem with hydrilla gears tilt brackets, they are awesome.

I had call Power Pole CS about removing a set of blades. While they answered my question I then asked about 8’ vs 10’ and whether something longer was in the future. The “future” answer was noncommittal but he said to stay with 8’ as they hold better. I thought that was an unteresting comment.

Personally, I am going to stick with 8s and buy an Ultrex once they get the bugs worked out. It will be the ultimate do-it-all rig.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

I've got the 10s and love them. They single handedly won me a tournament back during the spawn, as I was able to pole down in 9' on some finicky bedding fish. The main difference I see between the 8s and 10s is the 10s won't hold quite as good in deeper water as the 8s do because there's more room to flex.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Yep tens flex more because they are a longer lever to gain leverage in other directions than intended.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

The new 10's have more sturdy brackets and pivots. I have the new 10's and they are pretty stout even with just one.
    Eddie
    2017 Phoenix 920 Pro XP Mercury 250 Pro XS

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I had call Power Pole CS about removing a set of blades. While they answered my question I then asked about 8’ vs 10’ and whether something longer was in the future. The “future” answer was noncommittal but he said to stay with 8’ as they hold better. I thought that was an unteresting comment.

Personally, I am going to stick with 8s and buy an Ultrex once they get the bugs worked out. It will be the ultimate do-it-all rig.
    Run a set of 8's myself with and ultrex up front you are correct in it is a "do it all setup". Bugs are all out of the Ultrex btw. Pedal board issue solved and we haven't heard of anymore customer frequent problems. I ran mine all year with zero issue and it was a pre board update model.