Thread: Tatsu users

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tatsu users

Absolutely worth the money?? Or used it and went back to mid-range lines?

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

2. Member
    Curious too, I bought a high end combo and thought about trying tatsu on it. I've been using sunline for the past few years and I love it. The Tatsu will have to be pretty special to get me to switch.

3. Member
    I would say yes it's worth the price.. It is pricey but worth it if you're only going to use it for selective techniques.. Without a doubt the softest most manageable fluorocarbon I've used hands down.. I plan on buying a bulk spool when I hit the lottery..

4. Member
    I've been a Shooter user too Bass...not unhappy but wondered about more "softness/managability" that Victor mentions

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

5. Member
    I use tatsu on all my spinning rigs except my drop shot.. and I will say that it is ABSOLUTELY worth every penny love the stuff..
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I tried one spool of Tatsu and found that it broke more easily than the line I had been using, which was Invisx. I do fish where there’s a lot of rock and zebra mussels. A more durable fluorocarbon that I used this past year is Sunline Sniper. A little more memory than Invisx, but extremely tough.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

7. Banned
    I tried it and it wasn't worth the cost difference. Went back to Abrazsx.

8. Member
    I think its worth it. It lasts for me fishing 5 to 6 days out of the month for about 3 months. I stetch it and use kvd line conditoner on it. It casts great and is strong. Ive boat flipped several fish between 4.5 to 5 pounds on 12lb test.

9. Member
    Shooter for bottom contact and Tatsu for everything else

I've used a lot of Tatsu over the last few years. Tackle Warehouse had a big sale and it was cheaper than my prefered line, FC Sniper. It has to be managed like all Fluoro's do, but I do believe it's more supple and doesn't keep as much memory. My experience is with 12# and below. I don't use Fluoro over 12#. It's good stuff no doubt and I have zero complaints aside from the price. When it comes to overall characteristics, I honestly don't feel like Tatsu has that much more over FC Sniper.

Tatsu when it's on sale, FC Sniper the rest of the time.

Of the FC lines I've used (4 brands, I think), Tatsu would be the only one I'd consider using on a spinning reel. If that helps. I've got 6 lb Tatsu on a Curado for spybaiting. The rod, reel and line work fine.

12. Member
    Shooter for bottom contact and Tatsu for everything else

x2
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

13. Member
    I use Tatsu as a leader on even baitcasters because of the cost of Tatsu. It works really well and I like having braid on the reel for casting distance. Knots are everything when using any flourocarbon.

14. Member
    I used to use Tatsu, but I found it got nicked up way too easily when fishing around docks. Loved the castabilty and supplness of it. Ultimately, I switched to using braid with a Sunline Sniper Invisible/Camo leader. The Sniper has proven to be much more abrasion resistant with 99% of the sensitivity of Tatsu. Plus, its cheaper.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

15. Banned
    worth it, buy it on ebay...

I was in texas at fork for two weeks last week. parked my rv 10 feet from the water most days. After a days fishing I would mess with my poles, changing up ratios, etc.

I spooled up NEW abraz x 12 and new tatsu 12 on two identical new aldebaran reels on same poles. I used line magic or something like that as a conditioner as I spooled them.

The tatsu had exactly half the memory from the start and even less than half after some casts with the same huge crank bait on the boat launch.

Im only buying tatsu from now on period. I dont think the cost is that much more, 1000 yard spool was 180 shipped vs 130 shipped for abraz x.

16. Member
    Sniper has been so good I can’t switch. One of those things. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

17. Member
    Dollar-for-dollar when not on sale sniper is pretty dang good however there is a softness and lack of memory to tatsu that is just kind of amazing and attractive.
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

18. Member
    First off I can't believe anyone would say that Tatsu breaks more easily than InvizX. And then to mention that they fish around rocks and zebra mussels, as if that some how explains the difference between Tatsu and InvizX.

InvizX is without a doubt the most over rated line on the market. Not just fluorocarbon line, but line in general. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here, but when compared to lines like Tatsu and Sniper, InvizX is junk. It's not as manageable, it's stretches way more than Tatsu. It doesn't tie knots even close to as well as Tatsu. And it is no where near as abrasion resistant as Tatsu. Sorry, but InvisX doesn't belong in the conversation with lines like Tatsu, Sniper, or Shooter. I'd fish with Berkley Vanish before I'd ever put another inch of InvizX on one of my reels.

As for people liking them some Sniper over Tatsu ..... Sniper wouldn't be my choice between the two, but I can definitely see the comparison. I give the edge to Tatsu simply because IMO it handles a touch better on spinning gear, than Sniper does. On bait casting gear, I'm sure I couldn't tell the difference between the two lines. Both are phenomenal lines. Shooter for bottom contact baits .... most definitely. But only if it's on bait casting gear. Shooter on spinning gear, not so much. Tatsu wins that comparison hands down.

IMO Tatsu is well worth its price. I think it's the best fluorocarbon line you can buy.

19. Banned
    tatsu is on sale at tackle whs says clearance but also says more coming in jan 16

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    First off I can't believe anyone would say that Tatsu breaks more easily than InvizX. And then to mention that they fish around rocks and zebra mussels, as if that some how explains the difference between Tatsu and InvizX.

InvizX is without a doubt the most over rated line on the market. Not just fluorocarbon line, but line in general. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here, but when compared to lines like Tatsu and Sniper, InvizX is junk. It's not as manageable, it's stretches way more than Tatsu. It doesn't tie knots even close to as well as Tatsu. And it is no where near as abrasion resistant as Tatsu. Sorry, but InvisX doesn't belong in the conversation with lines like Tatsu, Sniper, or Shooter. I'd fish with Berkley Vanish before I'd ever put another inch of InvizX on one of my reels.

As for people liking them some Sniper over Tatsu ..... Sniper wouldn't be my choice between the two, but I can definitely see the comparison. I give the edge to Tatsu simply because IMO it handles a touch better on spinning gear, than Sniper does. On bait casting gear, I'm sure I couldn't tell the difference between the two lines. Both are phenomenal lines. Shooter for bottom contact baits .... most definitely. But only if it's on bait casting gear. Shooter on spinning gear, not so much. Tatsu wins that comparison hands down.

IMO Tatsu is well worth its price. I think it's the best fluorocarbon line you can buy.
    . Couldn't agree more !,it's hard to believe Tatsu and invisX are made by the same company!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast