Bass boy Ron

Pantera III prop pad #s

Optimax 200. I put on the Fury 25P and am only hitting 2380 RPM at 66-67 MPH. Hole shot ok. I also have a 24P Fury and I'll do 69 mph at 5500-5600 rpm. Wondering about prop height. Thank You
    Ron

2. Member
    I am assuming you mean 5380 rpms?

3. Bass boy Ron
    Fat fingered it Yes it might have been 5280 now that my brain is working

It's all about steering torque on the top end. You lower or raise the engine till steering wheel torque is slight. You either have too much or not enough and if there's too much torque lower the engine, if there's not any raise the engine.

5. Bass boy Ron
    Thank You!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    It's all about steering torque on the top end. You lower or raise the engine till steering wheel torque is slight. You either have too much or not enough and if there's too much torque lower the engine, if there's not any raise the engine.
    Does the steering torque assesment work with boats that have hydraulic steering?
    2000 Basscat Pantera III
    2000 Mercury Optimax 200

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbird62 View Post
    Does the steering torque assesment work with boats that have hydraulic steering?
    Yes, even tho you have hydraulic steering you can get it torqued up till you cannot turn the wheel.

They are not power steering, just hydraulic. It's like a jack when it reaches all the tonnage a 2 ton bottle jack will push, it gets hard to swing the handle. Steering wheels are connected to swage pumps that get harder to turn when pressures increase.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    This/\. I raised mine 1/4 inch at a time til I got torque wot and trimmed where I like it. Then backed down 1/8. I have a slight amount of torque when wot. Also, keep your fingers off the trim, it does not need a lot of trim especially as you raise the engine. Remember, you can easily overtrim and get torque even on the best setup. I've run a little over 74 just me, and 71-72 loaded up every day. ( P2 )
    Last edited by jcdogfish; 11-16-2017 at 03:37 PM.

10. Bass boy Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    This/\. I raised mine 1/4 inch at a time til I got torque wot and trimmed where I like it. Then backed down 1/8. I have a slight amount of torque when wot. Also, keep your fingers off the trim, it does not need a lot of trim especially as you raise the engine. Remember, you can easily overtrim and get torque even on the best setup. I've run a little over 74 just me, and 71-72 loaded up every day. ( P2 )
    Which Prop are you using?

11. Member
    02 P111 - 200 Opti. 25P Fury 73MPH GPS. with a light load. 5800 RM. Can hit 69-70 with a full load. Honestly have never touched the jack plate. It's raised a 1/4in up from being flush...If that helps