Anyone add a secondary bilge to older Skeeter?

My Skeeter (2005), only has one bilge pump. The float switch and manual switch on the dash go to the 800 gph Rule pump.

Anyone add a secondary pump? Looking for suggestions, I'd have to either drill another port on the rear transom deck or just have a loose hose in the bilge. Then if my auto bilge ever breaks I'd have to open the bilge hatch and pull that hose out.

I have added a 2nd manual bilge for customers by taping into the main bilge line that exits the boat with a T. You would need to install a back flow valve in that main line. This way...no new holes in your boat.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    I have added a 2nd manual bilge for customers by taping into the main bilge line that exits the boat with a T. You would need to install a back flow valve in that main line. This way...no new holes in your boat.
    great idea. What did you use for a back flow preventer? I did a quick search on Amazon but didn't see anything really like I would need.

4. Member
    Another idea I had was to convert one of the pump=out connections to be just recirculate. Then use that stern port as a secondary bilge dump. I don't think I'll ever use the pumpout function on both livewell's

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisalecia View Post
    great idea. What did you use for a back flow preventer? I did a quick search on Amazon but didn't see anything really like I would need.
    im also interested in this topic . bought a 2018 and was dumbfounded that a 60k boat only came with one bilge pump.
    thx in advance!

will this work?

https://www.firstchoicemarine.com/p-...gaAsWjEALw_wcB

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by can't fish View Post
    im also interested in this topic . bought a 2018 and was dumbfounded that a 60k boat only came with one bilge pump.
    thx in advance!

will this work?

https://www.firstchoicemarine.com/p-...gaAsWjEALw_wcB
    I like my idea better because you would need 2 backflow preventers. I would either change out the pump out valve to a straight recirculate or just dump the pump out line into the bilge.