Polar Pig BBQ Comp Turn In Boxes

Chicken bombed out...used way too much wood in our new UDS. Pork was 20th...think we loaded up the box a bit much
    Attached Images Attached Images

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

Looks mighty fine to me!

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

3. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    I'll take a box

4. Member
    Looks good!! I always thought it was bull to be judged by the cow feed at the bottom of the box IMO the visual should be just at the meat and the taste of the meat not how pretty you garnish it or make look in a box

5. Member
    Food should taste good and be visually appealing. Im ok with being judged on how it looks and tastes

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

Quote Originally Posted by bassworm1 View Post
    Looks good!! I always thought it was bull to be judged by the cow feed at the bottom of the box IMO the visual should be just at the meat and the taste of the meat not how pretty you garnish it or make look in a box
    I'm with you. A great BBQ'ed meat looks good to me just served on a paper plate! But, I've always been more concerned with function than form.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I'm with you. A great BBQ'ed meat looks good to me just served on a paper plate! But, I've always been more concerned with function than form.
    Same here. I think it would be fun to enter something like this just to see where I stand. I however am not fooling with all the presentation crap as visually appealing is up to the eye of the beholder. IMO visually appealing would be a tray of meat and a side of banked beans while being handed a miller light. Not a tray of lettuce and meat

8. Member
    Good Job!

9. Member
    Steve if you ever need a pre competition tester judge just let me know. I will gladly volunteer my services. You food looks great to me.

10. Moderator