2016 Evinrude E-Tech 175

I am having problems with the cable/linkage from the hot foot to the engine. When I press on the hot foot, the cable moves in the engine but the engine is not revving up and not getting any power. The engine starts up good and it goes into gear. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. It worked fine on my last outing.

Thanks,
    Javelin Jim

2. Member
    Any lights on on your system check gauge? You may be getting TPS out of range error if there is no air gap between the throttle roller and the throttle cam under the hood of the engine due to the throttle cable not being adjusted properly.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Need to check the movement of the throttle linkage. Take the cable off at the motor and move the throttle linkage by hand. Make sure the throttle cable is secure in the trunion.

4. Member
    No lights. I will check it. Thanks

5. Member
    Your engine will most likley be registering a code 11 where the TPS is out of range at start up. The engine will start but not go above idle. You need to make sure the throttle control cable is adjusted correctly so that the throttle lever in the engine is coming back to its stop and also do not even touch the foot pedal when starting the outboard. A higher than expected TPS voltage/percentage due to the above two situations will cause what you seem to be experiencing.

6. Member
    Thank you guys very much for your information and help.