Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Here’s a step attached to a boat posted by Pro’s Choice a few months ago:

John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post

i already have that step. I’m guessing I’m confused. Is there another step that can be added to help get in the boat. It’s a big step from that one.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

i already have that step. I’m guessing I’m confused. Is there another step that can be added to help get in the boat. It’s a big step from that one.
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    The current (updated) Ranger web site shows under options a fiberglass trailer step (as pictured above) and a “trailer step.” The latter is listed at $476, and I do not have a picture of it. I’m assuming it is more of a skeleton frame step that rises higher than the fiberglass step. Ranger Parts can surely tell you more about it, but your original quote of $735 is baffling. And you said you “loved the step?” Have you seen that other step? Something weird going on here.

Maybe you should also check out the Trick Step, if you haven’t already done so. Randy K just posted a few days ago about installing one on his boat. $489 shipped.
    Last edited by jc2bg; 11-17-2017 at 06:44 AM.

The current (updated) Ranger web site shows under options a fiberglass trailer step (as pictured above) and a “trailer step.” The latter is listed at $476, and I do not have a picture of it. I’m assuming it is more of a skeleton frame step that rises higher than the fiberglass step. Ranger Parts can surely tell you more about it, but your original quote of $735 is baffling. And you said you “loved the step?” Have you seen that other step? Something weird going on here.

Maybe you should also check out the Trick Step, if you haven’t already done so. Randy K just posted a few days ago about installing one on his boat. $489 shipped.
    Move seen the Trick Step. It’s nice to, just checking out all options. Thank you for the info
    2021 Phoenix 721 Pro XP

6. Member
    I just installed the trick step on my RT198 P and am very pleased with it. Very good quality and well built. Highly recommended.

7. mikesxpress
    Another less expensive option that gives you storage, larger foot platform positioned at the height you want, and more durable.
    I calculated the size I wanted to use for trailer spares along with mounting height and it does double duty as a front step.

8. Member

John. Ranger makes a version like the trick step that I got a quote for around $735. It replaces the traditional side step which must be removed to install it.

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Thanks, Tom. I knew they made one now, but didn’t find it as a new boat option and did not have a price (or picture).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12