958c won’t read depth after Ultrex install

Had a 101 Fortrex with US2 hooked up prior and installed an Ultrex last week. First trip out and everything works great except for my depth. If I’m in 20’ it fluctuates from 500-1200’ and is all over the place. Called tech support this morning and they said to a restore defaults. I’m at work and won’t be able to test until later in the week. Anyone have any input on this?

2. Member
    Were you getting interference from the TM?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Don’t think so because it didn’t matter if I had it in ise or not. Any other way to tell?

4. Member
    The interference would create lines on the display but only if motor was powered on. If it was doing when motor was off, then possibly settings. If it only seemed to do it in 20' or less then can change max depth to something close to that.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

5. Member
    I’m using the US2 on the Ultrex so I believe it has to be powered on, I’m also using the same settings I was on my old Fortrex

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TIME2PUNCH View Post
    I’m using the US2 on the Ultrex so I believe it has to be powered on, I’m also using the same settings I was on my old Fortrex
    Sorry, didn't mean power to the TM. I meant with it deployed and under speed. If your unit is having problems without any speed, then most likely settings. Are you by chance running any other units on the boat? If so, make sure Sonar is off when at bow.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

7. Member
    Yes, the graph does this with out moving under power with the trolling motor. Doesn’t matter if it hit the go button or not on the motor. I thought it would be a settings issue also, but Humminbird is saying that I shouldn’t need to change anything since I’m going from a motor with US2 to another unit with US2. I do have another graph at my console and that’s working fine, haven’t tried turning that off while trying to bow sonar to work, but don’t know why that would effect it at all

8. Member
    If you are using two units, it can be hard to avoid crosstalk and that can interfere with depth readings. Might try swapping units on the bow and see if it continues if the reset doesn't work.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818