Banned

Jordan Lake Fishing/

With all the chatting of Jordan lake I've done on another thread I got to go. Heading to Poe's Ridge in the morning. Haven't made the trip since August so here goes. I got to ask now, if off work tomorrow and might be interested, let me know like to have you.

The water is low be careful!!
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

3. Banned
    Thanks David. I saw that the lake is down close to 4 foot. I was heading to Poe's but think Farrington might be better with the low water level.
    Last edited by Heelman99; 11-13-2017 at 07:40 PM.

4. Member
    The bite has been pretty good on Jordan!

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dk239 View Post
    The water is low be careful!!
    Thanks again David for the low water incite about the low water level. I ended up going to Jordan after all. It is low for sure but the only real concern I had was when it came to load up the boat on the trailer. Now I launched at Poe's Ridge not Ebeneezer Church or Farrington so don't know how loading at either of them. As far as running from on spot to another as long as they are not in those normally shallow spots I didn't have a problem. By the way didn't tear nothing up. Boated nothing but 2-3# fish. Not a bad weather day but fishing sucked for me. I'd fish the WOW fundraiser but heading to the Wateree for some Crappie fishing with some family from Camden, SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Heelman99 View Post
    Thanks again David for the low water incite about the low water level. I ended up going to Jordan after all. It is low for sure but the only real concern I had was when it came to load up the boat on the trailer. Now I launched at Poe's Ridge not Ebeneezer Church or Farrington so don't know how loading at either of them. As far as running from on spot to another as long as they are not in those normally shallow spots I didn't have a problem. By the way didn't tear nothing up. Boated nothing but 2-3# fish. Not a bad weather day but fishing sucked for me. I'd fish the WOW fundraiser but heading to the Wateree for some Crappie fishing with some family from Camden, SC.
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

Did anyone put in at Farington lately? Was going to head there this weekend.
    Family is everything!!! Fishing is a close second
    2010 TR-18 Pro w/150 OptiMax & Dual 8' Blades

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    was there Saturday, one of our guys got his boat stuck in front of the bridge had to get pulled off, be careful going through the channel markers
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Banned
    stuck in front of what bridge?

There is a big flat between the little ramp at Farrington and the rip rap, it is shallow enough now to get stuck on good if you run across it.

Also saw on Facebook today that Poes is closed due to low water.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

11. Banned
    Humm. Never knew that, but then again I don't put in at farrington, other than this past weekend. But still had no issues navigating the lake

Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    Humm. Never knew that, but then again I don't put in at farrington, other than this past weekend. But still had no issues navigating the lake
    At normal pool you wouldnt even notice it is there. That and you would be pretty unlikely to run there as it unless you were going in or out the cove where the rip rap ends.

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    There is a big flat between the little ramp at Farrington and the rip rap, it is shallow enough now to get stuck on good if you run across it.

Yep thats where he was
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

Plan on going Saturday and putting in at Farrington. Other than the channel under the bridge to the left at Farrington is there any other concerns I should keep in mind? What was the level at the ramp? Any concerns in putting in..or really getting out?
    Family is everything!!! Fishing is a close second
    2010 TR-18 Pro w/150 OptiMax & Dual 8' Blades

Ramp at Farrington worked fine last weekend.

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

16. Member
    water is almost 4 ft low. Put in at New Hope today with no problems. It doesn't open till 08:00 and closes at 20:00. water temp 52-54 caught 3 on spinner and shakey head. White spinner and black trick worm.