IMX-PRO CRANKBAIT SERIES

Has anyone fished the new Loomis cranking rods yet? Just wondering how they compare to the previous fiber blend rods.
    Looks like they finally added some much needed handle length to the 847 and 906 models.

I’ve got an 847 on the way. I’ll update when It arrives, have heard nothing but great reviews thus far.
    2008 Stratos 294 XL
    2008 Evinrude etec 200 HP H.O.

Quote Originally Posted by p2geo View Post
    I’ve got an 847 on the way. I’ll update when It arrives, have heard nothing but great reviews thus far.
    I think you'll be impressed Geo - be sure to post up your thoughts whether positive or negative. Loomis has really done a great job with the new IMX-PRO series in general, and the crank bait rods finally have a longer handle

4. Member
    Any reports from the water?

Quote Originally Posted by PINEKNOT View Post
    Any reports from the water?
    Here is my post from another thread, largest fish thus far is 4.5lb

Ended up picking the IMX Pro CBR847, what a great job they did with the new model over the old Cinnamon colored CBR blanks. The new rod has a longer and a higher quality cork grip, not sure on the exact inches but more than enough handle for two handed casts The rod also has a thinner blank and a lot more responsive action, all the "wobble" the old CBR had is gone and accurate cast are not a problem. Due to the increased crispness of the blank the sensitivity is also increased over the old CBR. Balance is perfect with a 6.5oz reel. Loomis did an amazing job with the new line of CBR, only hope the other models in the technique specific line up are as good. My only gripe with the rod are the components used, the reel seat feels a bit light/cheap and stationary cork foregrip makes mounting a reel a little awkward. Cosmetics are also quite bland.
    2008 Stratos 294 XL
    2008 Evinrude etec 200 HP H.O.