Curado VS REVO rocket and STX

I am looking to get some input about the pro and cons of the REVO VS Curado. I have been a longtime Shimano fan but I am looking at other options. What do you guys and gals think?

Is the profile of the reel smaller on the REVO?
    Are the REVO's lighter?
    Any differences in durability or maintenance?

Any input is appreciated!
    2010 Skeeter 20i / Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    In my experience, Revo's are lighter but they lack the durability that Shimano has. Therefore, Revo's don't last as long. That is is just my personal opinion and experience. Others may say different. I used to be a HUGE Abu Garcia fan, but I got tired of all my reels breaking after only a few years. They just had a bunch of little problems. I take good care of my reels too. Also, Shimano's are way easier to clean yourself. If it were me, I'd go with a Curado.

3. Member
    The new Revos are a different beast that's for sure. A huge improvement over the previous generations.

4. Member
    Dual braking now standard on the SX, larger/longer handles, improved side plate release, better ergonomics, stronger smoother drag, more durable gearing.... those are just a few of the Revo improvements.

I hear the new Curados are a sweet little reel too.
    Last edited by M1RT; 11-14-2017 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    Dual braking now standard on the SX, larger/longet handles, improved side plate release, better ergonomics, stronger smoother drag, more durable gearing.... those are just a few pig the Revo improvements.

I hear the new Curados are a sweet little reel too.
    Wow! Those are big improvements from when I used them a few years ago.

Here's a pretty detailed video on the STX

I have 14 stx reels, they are all good to go, haven't had an issue. Clearly I am an Abu fan, but they just work, many friends want to try something else, spend good money and then end up getting stx's the real you asked about I don't have ANY experience with that one.

i also use two rockets and they are fine as well
    Last edited by Fishysam; 11-21-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    The only good Revos were the Gen 2s. Some Shimano Curados have been less then spectacular as well mainly the G model. Seems like the K model has been well received but it still pretty unproven long term.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kickerfish1 View Post
    The only good Revos were the Gen 2s. Some Shimano Curados have been less then spectacular as well mainly the G model. Seems like the K model has been well received but it still pretty unproven long term.
    Have you tried the Gen4 Revos?

10. Member
    I am hug Daiwa fan and I have some revo s gen 3 and 2 gen 4 I use to catch redfish.

Durability wise the revo s 3 and revo s 4 are doing ok against bullreds and speckled trout.
    Abu Garcia has that cheap return pawl and ratchet engagement system that will fail, so I agree they do not last.
    i just buy extra spring, racthet, and pawl for each reel.
    Inshore fishing I like the drag as you need to it to wear out the bullreds.

I have 13 Daiwa Tatulas I use for freshwater only use and they have a better engagement system.
    Last edited by jlsch1; 11-20-2017 at 08:31 PM.