Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    donnybassfishing..com

Who has ran a bravo 1 prop?

Did you like it? What’s your best prop?

2. Member
    Following this also!

3. Member
    I'm working on it. It was shipped to mark last week but I can't get ahold of him at all. So I don't know when I will get the prop back

4. Member
    Mark is hunting until the 17th. Call him next week.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

5. Member
    Thanks. I'm sure he will call me when he gets back.

Bravo 26 or 26.5 for all you guys wanting to run one. I would err on the 26 side to start with. Nothing else needed here.

All you need to do is text me Donny....you keep forgetting.

7. donnybassfishing..com
    Lol. It was more for a buddy who said bravo was the best on all Boats. I tried 2 bravos and neither was Better than my 25 or 26 fury 3 blade. Was just kinda curious if anyone has had great results. My fury was faster by 2-4mph and better hole shot.

I would say the top end should be true for sure. Hole shot...probably didn't have it set up right. I haven't seen a boat that doesn't come over faster with a 3 blade vs Bravo.

Mine just lays over...doesn't hardly nose up at all. It took me several months to get it figured out though. I can get a 28 Bravo to lay over real fast. Never timed it, but again...nose doesn't come up much at all, just lays and goes.

9. donnybassfishing..com
    Nice. Not sure I can give up the speed though.

10. Member
    That's all I run is Bravo One's...in 26 and 30 pitch varieties. They are untouchable in regards to holeshot, acceleration, load carrying capacity and cruise fuel efficiency. They are also very easily tunable. Not the fastest prop out there but no more than 2-3 mph slower than the fastest prop out there...all the while doing everything else way better than the fastest prop out there. Run a labbed 30 for speed and am very happy with top end...can't believe how it comes out and accelerates for that pitch. Also run a 26 for fishing and it will make your neck sore coming out of the hole. They are just too good in so many ways...
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

11. Member
    Mine ships out tomorrow. Hope to try it after thanksgiving.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Mine ships out tomorrow. Hope to try it after thanksgiving.
    I'm in Nederland TX too kry29...very small world huh?
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

13. donnybassfishing..com
    I have ran a bravos for over 10 years on every boat i have owned. But for some reason I disnt like it on my Phoenix. Maybe I will give it another try

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 20cc View Post
    I'm in Nederland TX too kry29...very small world huh?
    Sure is.

15. Member
    try fury 4 blade also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

16. Member
    If your going to run one get the lab finished one by mercury racing it will be faster than the fury

Quote Originally Posted by fishin fever View Post
    I have ran a bravos for over 10 years on every boat i have owned. But for some reason I disnt like it on my Phoenix. Maybe I will give it another try
    run it as high as you can

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xranger77 View Post
    run it as high as you can
    ^^^This is where the Bravo can shine compared to other props...they love to be surfaced if you have the lower unit to get it up that high. Mine loves the sunlight...currently at 1.25" above on ptp. Less than half the prop is in the water at speed and it still could go a click or two higher. Can really get your money's worth out of them with a low water pick-up (coned) gearcase...

19. Member
    Got my prop from mark today. Looks great but he was right, the blades are thin. Its a bravo one with pvs holes added (2 sets) which i shouldnt really need for the sho. The barrel has been shortened to it looks like but still has some flare. There so many versions of the bravo I get them confused so it may be stock barrel but I know atleast one set of holes was added because it goes right over the letters on the prop. Anyway, I should be headed out Friday if everything goes right and run it all weekend. I will report when I get back

20. Member
    Please do...I'm curious to hear your results and opinion on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast