Hydraulic Line Leak

Went out in the boat yesterday to mess around, sent the poles down just to make sure they were good, on the way back up one of them stuck about halfway and hydraulic fluid started spewing out one of the lines. Now the pole is 1/3 deployed and I don't have enough pressure to get it back up. I was wanting to fish a tourney this upcoming weekend and I won't be able to get the line replaced before then. Is there a way I can plug the leak to get just enough pressure for the pole to come back up??
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Shoot a call to Power-Pole and let them know. I bet youll have a new line and fluid with plenty of time to install it all before your tourney!
    "CATCH EM, PUT EM BACK, CATCH EM AGAIN, PUT EM BACK AGAIN, REPEAT!!"

TGCustomRods@gmail.com

Sponsors:
    My WIFE
    My Wallet

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If you cant get a line in time, take the fittings off the pump, place them into a bottle and push up on pole, once up you can put travel cover on if you have one or wrap a bungee cord around pole. Pull fuse for that pump only. Fish tourny with 1 pole. As suggested a call to Power Pole you should have a line in plenty time to swap it out. You can also put a 5/16" compression union on as a temp fix till you get a new line depending on where the line break is and you have the room and enough line.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 11-13-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    If you cant get a line in time, take the fittings off the pump, place them into a bottle and push up on pole, once up you can put travel cover on if you have one or wrap a bungee cord around pole. Pull fuse for that pump only. Fish tourny with 1 pole. As suggested a call to Power Pole you should have a line in plenty time to swap it out. You can also put a 5/16" compression union on as a temp fix till you get a new line depending on where the line break is and you have the room and enough line.
    The line is leaking back in the splash well so I don't have enough line back there to cut and swap out. I like the idea of disconnecting the line, pulling the fuse, and zip tying the bad pole as a temporary fix. If I do that, will I need to "cap" the pump where the line is going into it?

Also, any idea why the line busted? Could it have anything to do with the cold weather? The past week we've had some very cold weather where it's gotten below freezing at night a few times. Is this typical?

Thanks for all the help!
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

In the splashwell, could you have trimmed the motor far enough and steered, making the rigging tube touch them? Lots of leverage would take less effort to damage cold tubing, I used my anchors below freezing lasts weekend no issue.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

So after almost a whole roll of electrical tape and a roll of paper towels I managed to seal up the leak enough to get some pressure to get the pole back in the stowed position. Now I'm going to zip tie it in place for additional support and fish this weekend without using the poles. Also, after looking in my battery compartment, I believe I have enough spare hose to run a new line. I'll just need to order the fittings from PP. If I had my boat in the garage I'd go ahead and do that this week after getting the fittings but with the work schedule and getting home after dark it makes that option almost impossible! Lol.

Thanks for all the help fellas!
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If you pull the fuse for that pump you will have use of 1 pole... to me 1 pole is better then no pole.