Thread: Where is Larry?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where is Larry?

I sent him a PM 2 or 3 days ago with no reply..I hope he is not sick or having other problems.

I really enjoyed his posts..

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

2. Member
    Last post I saw from him was on THT discussing CV51 vs GT51. 11/6. Yrral3215.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Leonard, is he still using Garmin sets?

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

4. Member
    Yes. 7610xsv, PS21, and a GT51 if I remember correctly.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Banned
    he got ganged up on a little here recently. maybe hes taking a break.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schins View Post
    Exactly Schins, those of us that may not drink the kool-Aid or have a difference seems to be normal on the boards. Don't need it, some of us share what we experience and our thoughts and get scrutinized. If you think back there are a number of individuals that one no longer sees on the Boards. I have decided that you guys are always correct so no need to comment. And I expect like I did long ago to get hammered on the transducer/heat question comment I posted most recently on a different thread. Another instance when some of us chimed in on the post what makes different units better then the other. Pointed to Lowrance and how it has the best with 2D compared to others at the time. Was criticized to the criteria and incorrect to make that comment based on that criteria. Then when statements later came out how now Garmin has the best 2D ironically for the same criteria not a word.

Think I have always been very fair when comparing units, have no bias at all.....but that is my opinion.
    Last edited by Treeguyus; 11-14-2017 at 04:43 AM.

7. Member
    Gary. Your posts as to how any brand performs or fails to perform have always been credible. Readers would do well to search and read what you've posted.

8. Member
    Gary. Your posts as to how any brand performs or fails to perform have always been credible. Readers would do well to search and read what you've posted.
    Amen

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Schins View Post
    he hasnt had any better luck on THT

10. Member
    What's THT ?

11. Member
    The Hull Truth

12. Banned
    He may come back to break this news to you guys. Unless he strokes out

https://www.thehulltruth.com/marine-...ansducers.html
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 11-21-2017 at 07:31 PM.

13. Banned
    I dont know Larry, but I appreciate his knowledge, contributions, and passion.

We lost several folks because of his constant and insistent arguing. You can only read it so many times before it became time to tune him out. The board has been much More civil since he has been gone. We have several knowledgeable folks on this board that offer up great non bias information on equipment they actually use without being offensive or argumentative.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

15. Banned
    See....I saw that as passionate, not offensive or argumentative

Yes, he would look for an opportunity to bash Garmin, but he apparently felt burned by them and disappointed. I like Garmin's stuff but not so much that that bothered me.

16. Member
    I will add that Larry has personally been as much, or more, assistance to me in working thru a couple of issues as anyone I can name. Several PM and e-mail regimens that he took the time to help me sort thru my problems and questions. An ax to grind, or a banner to wave--however you wish to label it, he was/is zealous if he is nothing else. Yes, the pot stirring between he and Vik got long. I tended to tune it out, waiting for THE answer in the end. Guess I didn't check back in time for I missed it. But that, in and of itself, may have been the catalyst for other resources to rise to the top. I think it has been beneficial for all in the long run. I wish he would call the dogs on that hunt and come back to camp.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    We lost several folks because of his constant and insistent arguing. You can only read it so many times before it became time to tune him out. The board has been much More civil since he has been gone. We have several knowledgeable folks on this board that offer up great non bias information on equipment they actually use without being offensive or argumentative.
    you mean this response? he reminds me of me when humminbird screwed up the 83khz sonar

this was posted yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Yrral3215 View Post
    hahahahaha! Yeah right.

Thats exactly what they said last time -

That was what they said on the website and it was repeated by multiple Garmin reps - including Todd Driscoll - every time anyone asked about it, for several months - until Lowrance called them out for lying.

Why should we suddenly start believing them? Especially when one of the Garmin reps had this to say when called out about it....

When Garmin’s own reps know that Garmin is lying about their products, and is perfectly willing to admit it, how can we ever trust anything they say?

I will add...if you guys want a GT transducer, i'd buy it quickly

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    I will add...if you guys want a GT transducer, i'd buy it quickly
    I'm not worried. If they drop the GT maybe it will be replaced with a "KT", Killer Transducer. I just don't see Garmin going backwards.

19. Banned
    you don't? I'm still waiting on confirmation from my guy, but I don't expect to hear back this week. word is the down element has been removed to comply with the lawsuit. I'm thinking of picking up some gt's if it's true

Quote Originally Posted by InternationalMarineBrian View Post
    The GT series transducers ARE discontinued as of last Friday. The replacement transducers the CV series will be available in the next few days.

20. Banned
    so their downvu(clearvu) wont even have one?

Even Humminbird uses a down element in their down-only models

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast