NEED ALL YOU CHAMPION OWNERS HELP

I'm looking at a 1993 184 Dual Console... Boat is like brand new and the right price. Showroom new! Here's the problem. I want the boat to fish small inland lakes here in northern Michigan. Can anyone comment on the size of the boat front deck looks big, back deck looks very small. I have two teenage boys. Is the front deck big enough for two. And is the back deck as small as it looks.....Have not seen the boat yet in person, its a little drive from Michigan. Anyway. You guys that own Champs input would help. Thanks Boys

2. Member
    Frist thing take right console out and front will fish two buy the boat go fishing

3. Banned
    Console probably isn't removeable.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    For some reason 21 sq feet on the rear casting deck comes to mind same for the 201 also.

5. Member
    I have a 91 model 184 single and three can fish with reasonable comfort. The back deck is adequate, they're smallish in most boats anyways. Hands down it's the best riding boat I've had. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

6. Member
    I’ve had two 184’s. An ‘81 and a ‘94. The back deck is a bit cramped, especially with the seat plugged in; but still very fishable. The front is big enough for two, and fairly comfortable. It can be made even more so by the installation of a deck extension. It is a great hull, and handles exceptionally well. If it’s as nice as you say and checks out, pull the trigger my friend.

7. Member
    You guys are the best !! Good Looking out boys!! Does anyone know where I could buy the deck extension. I know I could build one....but are there any place that sells them?

C and O marine might have one, but they were pretty expensive. $250.00 and doubled as a cooler.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

I have a 94 184 dcr front deck bigenough for 2 deck insert would help great boat I love mine

10. Member
    Before spring I think I'll build a removable deck insert for mine. I may even get fancy and make it a storage compartment.

11. Member
    Made mine into a storage locker. Pics on a previous post of mine. Couldn’t copy it from post. I’ll try to find it on my phone and put it up again.

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berru View Post
    You guys are the best !! Good Looking out boys!! Does anyone know where I could buy the deck extension. I know I could build one....but are there any place that sells them?
    On the Champion forum page, there is a thread pinned in the top section that has a lot of good information and sources, especially for the 86" beam models since I've had two of them. And did all my own maintenance and repair. Champion Information and OEM Links for more Champ info

In there is info on the OEM manufacturer for the deck extensions.

Aluminum Compartment Lids & Deck Inserts
    Industrial Mechanical Specialties -- OEM pre-Genmar
    69 Substation Circle
    Midway, AR 72651
    (870) 481-6275

13. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    This is how I did mine. If you need more info or pics let me know.

15. Member
    I had a 1994 184. Loved it. I am 230 and my son is 225. We fished off the front in many tournaments. The extension is a nice addition. I just built mine as a platform and left it open underneath for a cooler or coats. JMO

16. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    And, please note, your Champion forum moderator is not a boy!

17. Member
    Pole seat on back deck, extension(either bought or home made. Buy it & enjoy fishin with them boys. My 184 was one ( I'm on my 7th) of my favorite Champions. Sport car handling & rough water,dry ride!!!

1992 Champion 201 DCR Elite
    2013 Yamaha 250SHO
    HumminBird