99 200hp Ficht No Oil Alarm

Last two of three times out I got a no oil alarm from my motor. I filled my oil reservoir up as it was on the verge of being low, and the next day when I took the boat out I got a no oil alarm when I was idling. I shut the motor off and restarted and the alarm never sounded for the rest of the day. The next trip out resulted in no alarms and everything was great. The third trip was a cold tournament morning, let the boat idle for at least 15 minutes prior to take off and she was definitely warmed up. Once on plane we were cruising for about a half mile around 5k rpm when the no oil light came on. Motor seemed to kick down into a safety mode and I shut it down. Started it back up and took back off with no alarms, but stayed around 4-4500 rpm for another mile until we got to our destination. Fished the rest of the tournament and the alarm sounded twice, but only when idling. It seems if I push on the throttle even the slightest amount the alarm won't sound, and if it does I turn the motor off and then on and it won't come on again until I shut it down for a while.

To me it seems like a false oil alarm, the motor has been running great and has around 600 hours on it.

What do you guys think? I've read about the oil pressure sensor causing problems like this. Also my EMM was rebuilt in February by DFI.

Thanks

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    If you don't run xd-100 oil during colder days it can cause this. If you do then I'd have the oil system checked.

3. Member
    It happened to mine. Exact same conditions only colder since I live in NY. I replaced the oil pressure sensor and oil pump since both were originals and my problem was immediately resolved. My thought is the colder weather made the viscosity of the oil thicker which in turn strains the oiling system. This is one of the reasons for running xd100.