Thread: Moving up ?

Moving up ?

I am looking at moving up,I have a friend interested in the 176, looking at a clean 93 184dcr with an Evinrude 175 Intruder. I have several questions never owned an evinrude, any issues to look for. What kind of performance can I expect with no jack plate, prop on the OB is a raker 24
    1990 Champion 176 SC... 1990 MERC 115
    ​I love the smell of coffee and 2 stroke exhaust at sunrise.......

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The Intruder is one of the best motors OMC ever made. Has an Optical Ignition system for easy starts. Only one real issue is the carb bowls warp over time due to ethanol but they are available and about $18 each. It should be a good runner with the 175 and the Raker. I'd guess high 50's low 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    The Intruder is one of the best motors OMC ever made. Has an Optical Ignition system for easy starts. Only one real issue is the carb bowls warp over time due to ethanol but they are available and about $18 each. It should be a good runner with the 175 and the Raker. I'd guess high 50's low 60's.
    Would be a great combo. And simply adding a jack plate and tweaking setup could get you a few more mph.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

4. Member
    I really like the 184 best of all Champion boats. Always wanted one with the extended front deck and a dual axle trailer. If I find one in good condition,close to home,I might try to buy it. They ride very good and drive like a sports car. If it had an OMC engine on back it would be just fine. My cousin had one for many years,he treats everything rough and it lasted until a garage fire ended it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vicks View Post
    I am looking at moving up,I have a friend interested in the 176, looking at a clean 93 184dcr with an Evinrude 175 Intruder. I have several questions never owned an evinrude, any issues to look for. What kind of performance can I expect with no jack plate, prop on the OB is a raker 24
    Is this the one in Danville Illinois ??
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

6. Member
    Ya Danville
    1990 Champion 176 SC... 1990 MERC 115
    ​I love the smell of coffee and 2 stroke exhaust at sunrise.......

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vicks View Post
    Ya Danville
    Nice looking boat for the money..if i had the bucks i would buy it
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc