Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Injector Cleaning and Rails

Ok, I have 03 Mercury 225 EFI OT700621. I have my intake off my motor and almost ready to ship injectors to Don for cleaning.

Does everyone get there Fuel Rail serviced and cleaned?

Does everyone send the entire intake in with the reed valves attached and the brass fitting Just to get the fuel rails cleaned? Or do you just send the fuel rail and Injectors?

If you are just getting the Injectors checked, calibrated, and cleaned, Do you send the whole intake or send just the rails and injectors?

If I send the entire intake, do you want the upper half of the intake with the sensors and butterfly?

Hey i am on a budget and just try to find out what to send.

Thanks Everyone

If they have never been serviced before, then I would send as many parts of the fuel system to be cleaned/flowed/calibrated that you can afford to ship. Give European Marine a call and discuss. Then you can be confident in your decision and it may save you a few $$$.

Maintenance now may save you lots of $$$ later...
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

3. Member
    Thanks Gamblin!

4. Member
    Here's how I did it as recommended by Don - Fuel Rail and Direct Injector Removal
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Here's how I did it as recommended by Don - Fuel Rail and Direct Injector Removal
    Not exactly the same with the EFI's vs the Opti motors

6. Member
    Quote for Integrity Injection......

"For EFI engine owners... we will also be offering a COMPLETE INTAKE R&R SERVICE (simply pull, drain and ship your ENTIRE INTAKE and/or VST). Contact us via email or phone for details on this service."

7. Member
    I had good luck sending the entire assembly (not reeds) to don. He found a couple of issues with the rail and orings. Also adjusted and moved injectors to match the cylinder needs ( I guess some can use more fuel to keep air fuel ratio correct?). So if you can afford send the whole intake to him. Make sure you pack it well to prevent breakage.

8. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 11-28-2017 at 08:25 AM.

9. Member
    Well, I sent it all to him!

10. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 11-28-2017 at 08:25 AM.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snickers89 View Post
    post your bill when you get it.
    Snickers89.. What are you implying by your two post..?? Do you feel like you were overcharged unfairly or mislead about the cost in some way? Please elaborate so everyone else can understand..

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorM. View Post
    Snickers89.. What are you implying by your two post..?? Do you feel like you were overcharged unfairly or mislead about the cost in some way? Please elaborate so everyone else can understand..

If you don’t want to post it, a PM will suffice.

13. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Snickers89... please do provide some information. We strive to treat our customers fairly (and work pretty hard doing that)... so innuendos (and attempts to negatively impact business) from someone who doesn't list their identity, email, name, or contact info in their profile seem to be a bit unusual, at best.

WVgasman: For your engine, simply sending in the reed plate, complete with the fuel rail AND harness would be your best bet. You can include the reeds as well (if you like), to have them upgraded to TDR reeds.
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 11-16-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

14. Member
    Not exactly the same with the EFI's vs the Opti motors
    Understand, was hoping you'd get an idea of the process for rails and injectors. Don does nice work and I'm very pleased with the service received.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

15. Member
    I sent it All Don! Just let me know what I need...

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    Understand, was hoping you'd get an idea of the process for rails and injectors. Don does nice work and I'm very pleased with the service received.
    Silverfox I surely wasn't questioning your intent to add something positive and helpful to the forum... It's just that when dealing with the older EFI engines all of the injectors, rails, and reeds have to be accessed from the front of the engine by removing the plentum.. Just a little different process is all.. Anyone with an Optimax motor would definitely benefit from your post pinned at the top..

17. Banned
    How often does sent in injectors end up being completely replaced?

18. Member
    I would think "Completely Replaced", TWELVE Injectors, would be extremely rare.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    I would think "Completely Replaced", TWELVE Injectors, would be extremely rare.

Holy crap, I thought there were only 6 of them! Shows my lack of knowledge.

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    How often does sent in injectors end up being completely replaced?
    That's pretty rare- unless it becomes more cost-effective due to OTHER problems (ie: Multiple problems in fuel rails, corrosion to the fuel rail rendering them non-serviceable, etc).

Direct/Air Injectors tend to have a high-mortality rate in situations where Quickleen is not used, a rich-running condition (or poor running condition) is IGNORED for a considerable time, or debris has entered the system from corrosion, failed air compressor, etc. Direct/Air injectors tend to fail in a "cascading" pattern- one goes bad, and is ignored, others will follow suit quite rapidly.

While servicing Rails and Injectors is a wise investment (sometimes a NECESSARY investment), doing this is not the "cure-all of all ailments". ALL other systems should be checked first- including the basics (far more performance problems ORIGINATE inOTHER systems or portions of the system than do from rails/injectors). Ignored- those problems may spread, however.

All of that said- the MORAL to the story is that when your engine doesn't run properly, or performs poorly, it's a good idea to get it in, and find out what is wrong. Seldom will they "heal" themselves (the opposite is far more likely).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast