Thread: my new v20

my new v20

driven it a little bit now. Fished a one day tourney and have now a better feel of things. Coming from a 18ft Ranger i've got a question on the handling. It handles like a dream but leans slightly left. When i'm with my partner it leans quite a bit. When I start pulling out of the water accelerating there's an initial pull left as well. Then it just rides leaned slightly left side lower. If anything id think by myself it would lean twords my side. Any insight on this would be appreciated. Love my boat And I think maybe I'm just not used to how these bigger boats ride.

2017 v20
    evinrude 250 g2

2. Member
    Prop torque. Should square up once on pad though.

3. Member
    the pull deffinetley does. thank u. That's exactly what it is as far as the Pull to the left jumping on plain absolutely right thank you. Now as far as the leaning I'm not sure what that could be

4. Member
    3 batteries on the left one on the right.

5. Member
    Odd. My 2017 does not lean or pull.

6. Member
    My v20 leans a little to port side sometimes. All has to do with the wheight distribution. I'm about 220, if it's just me sits pretty level put a co angler in, that's my size it will lean because of the batteries and their wheight. Try loading your gear differently and see if it levels out

7. Member
    How do you like the G-2, I am thinking of switching motors. What kind of GPS speed are you getting and also how is the hole shot TY
    2017 LEGEND V-20. MERCURY 250 PRO XS

8. Member
    love the g2 and im a yamaha guy. only driven a little bit, but hit 71.7 with a 2nd person. The weight distribution is whats funny. empty boat shud lean heavy my way even with rider shud be at least even. Its opposite and with rider its heavy his way. all while on plane