Thread: Honda 225 alarm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I am going to check and see what tech bulletin 56 does. If it is an extension of the exhaust tubes they are fairly easy to get to, just drop the lower unit and remove the mid-section and they are located on the outside of the oil pan. There are three bolts holding each one on, so why couldn't I remove them and extend them myself if I knew how much they had to be extended. Maybe Ray can find out and let me know what is in that bulletin because I may have to go in and remove everything to repair the oil pickup tube, so why not fix the exhaust while I'm in there.

2. Member
    Are you saying, you still have an alarm? After the water separator??

3. Member
    I haven't had a chance to take it to the lake after talking to you the last time. I was just thinking that if it's not the water separator causing the alarm and I do have to go into the motor again that I will go ahead and extend the exhaust while I am in there. I will get to the lake as soon as the holidays are over and I will let you know if the water separator is causing the alarm.

4. Member
    Talked with my Honda Tech immediately after talking to you on the phone....he feels the separator is the issue. Good Luck

6. Member
    Well I got to the lake this week and disconnected the water separator and ran the boat for awhile and I am still getting the single (one beep) alarm when I come off plane. It doesn't do it every time but it's still there, maybe two time out of six. Don't know what to do now. Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12