Thread: Fishing reports

Fishing reports

Is there any websites that have an up to date fishing report for guntersville or Tennessee River lakes? I searched google a little and didn’t find much. I posted awhile back about my trip coming down November 18-23 and seemed like guys were recommended gville and Wilson Lake, would that still be my best bet?

2. Member
    Also, may be a dumb question but what is the tailrace or tailwater below the dams? I see a lot of talk about that for smallmouth.
    Last edited by AndyNegus94; 11-12-2017 at 09:26 PM.

3. Member
    Been to Wilson and Pickwick dam tail race. For a novice I would recommend Pickwick in Counce TN. The Wilson dam for some one who has not fished it in low water has HAZARDS. You could follow others, and just don't get to close. People drift the tail race usually with live bait (shad). Catch strippers, smallmouth, largemouth, white bass.
    I fished live bait by the dams for years, catch lots of fish. But in late November fish start moving again, don't really have to fish tail races to catch fish or use live bait.
    So much about Pickwick depends on current flow and conditions. Might be great Monday and Tuesday and suck Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. If little flow the closer to the dam the better. Fishing around dam can be fantastic with high flow, but also dangerous. No anchors in high flow areas. Check out this guy, https://www.facebook.com/Lous-Pickwi...-175616311651/.

4. Member

5. Member
    Thank you sir! Pickwick is a little further than I want to travel but my be worth it!

6. Member
    If you are in Missouri you are closer to Pickwick than you are to Guntersville. Pickwick and Wilson are next to each other. The dams on these 2 lakes are only about 15 miles apart. I would fish either of those before going to Guntersville this time of year. You just have to be careful below the dams.

7. Member
    Well I’m staying in Hartselle. I really don’t have anything set in stone, at least where we’re fishing. I just want to catch some alabama studs.

8. Member
    Water is down at Pickwick so I wouldn't recommend that to someone who doesn't know the water. Farthest I have been is below the island you see in the vid above and water was up. Fishing seemed to be better below Waterloo in early Nov during our club tournament, that's where grass is right now. I have been to Guntersville a couple times in last month and numbers aren't hard when you find shad, quality is though. Maybe it's getting better? Don't know about Wilson. I hope to be on Guntersville this weekend.

9. Member
    Hell I may just fish a different lake everyday lol if you don’t mind, could you let me know how you do on guntersville

10. Member
    Wilson can be tough this time of year. There so many shad in the backs of the creeks it’s hard to play the game of odds with the active fish that are shallow. You can have some epic number days ignoring the schoolers and backing off and targeting suspended schools on deeper creek walls or main lake points with jerkbaits, deep cranks, a-rigs, and shakey heads but the larger fish almost always seem to stay shallower the longest it’s just hard to get them to choose your lure out of the shad mats that blanket the back 3rd of every slough in the lake. The tailrace below wheeler is always an option but you’re fishing hard for 5-10 bites a day but with a chance at some truly giant brown fish.

11. Member
    BTW, when I said I wouldn't recommend Pickwick to you right now I meant the tailrace, not the rest of the lake. You can catch fish on Pickwick or Guntersville right now with an A-rig. I hate throwing the damn thing but if you throw it enough good things happen. My plans for going this weekend are in jeopardy but I may still be able to make it Sunday. Good luck to you.

12. Member
    thank you sir. I love bombing an a rig so that’s perfect!

13. Member
    Change in plans, had the boat out today and it ran like shit. Had a mechanic check it out and he says stator is bad and won’t be able to get one until later next week.

14. Member
    That sucks but better to find out now than after you made the trip.

15. Member
    Yeah it was running bad so I replaced all the fuel lines and filter and plugs and fuel pump and went and ran it and it was still running bad so I had a guy come look at it. The lady who’s Airbnb I was going to stay at is letting me reschedule my trip, what would be the best time to come down?