2005 225 etec no start

Need some help. I was idling in a no wake and my motor just shut down no alarms. I can turn the hey and I don’t hear the fuel pump come on.its got voltage at the starter but that it’s are there any fuses I can check ? Model# e225dhls0f. Thanks
    Last edited by Bullet278; 11-11-2017 at 08:31 PM.

There is a 10 amp fuse, look on the starboard side near or straped to the big blue capacitor.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

Say again where you have the voltage - at the starter or at the starter solenoid?

We can't help you without all the details, our crystal balls are out of calibration, some are cracked, and others won't fire up.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

4. Member
    There is 12.9 volts on the bottom side of the solenoid and nothining on the top side when key is in start position. Fuel pump still does not come on and I’m not getting any juice on the emm side of the fuel pump plug also with key in the on position. So pretty much when I turn the key the fuel pump does not come on and when in the start position it does not crank it’s like taking the battery out and trying to start it. But the checking system does go through its routine when the key is on.
    Last edited by Bullet278; 11-12-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet278 View Post
    ...its got voltage at the starter but that it’s are there any fuses I can check ?

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHORSE View Post
    Say again where you have the voltage - at the starter or at the starter solenoid?

There is 12.9 volts on the bottom side of the solenoid and nothining on the top side when key is in start position.

Glad I asked where !

Now you have to check if the EMM is getting voltage thru the purple wire and the red wires. Any of the EMM lights come on?
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

6. Member
    It looks like the all of the lights are on but I think the bottom one is brighter so I think it’s making the other 3 lights look on idk hard to tell. Which of the 3 plugs do I check the purple and red wire and checking them with just the key on?

7. Member
    Took it to a dealer and it is the emm he said it would not hook up with computer so he tried a emm from a 200 and it started right up. The emm will be about $17-1800 plus labor. Does this sound right???

8. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    You can have it repaired much cheaper usually...www.dfi.com www.marinecomputersupply.com is a couple places to check.

9. Member
    Do a recovery and that sounds expensive up there-down here in our dollars they are around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    You can have it repaired much cheaper usually...www.dfi.com www.marinecomputersupply.com is a couple places to check.

^^^^^ This!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    On second thought....I think the dfi engine emm's can be repaired, but the ETEC you need to do as Huey suggested and do a recovery first.....If that doesn't work then a new emm would be required......I have to admit I can't remember like I used to and will defer to the gurus.....Huey being one.....SeaHorse is the best at it than anyone I know.

12. Member
    They said it needed replaced that it could not be recovered but they called evinrude and get me a better price saving me a considerable amount.

13. Member
    As long as they tried an EMM recovery that is good. Good deal from BRP to offer assistance on a 12 year old outboard. You do not have wing nuts on the battery do you?

14. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    DI motors yes., ETEC EMM's no.

15. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    They said it needed replaced that it could not be recovered but they called evinrude and get me a better price saving me a considerable amount.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

16. Member
    No wing nuts on my battery. Thanks guys for replying when a fellow omc’r needed advice