Thread: Season's over

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Paul, I was able to get out the last couple of days with yesterday having to break ice to get out. The fishing was great, but Sunday was much better with fish crushing a trap, jig, or crankbait. Yesterday I had to finesse fish a little more but still caught plenty and got one over 4. Small lake just over the border to the north of you. Hoping the lows in the twenties doesn't ice everything up before Friday, but I took all my gear out anyways figuring it would. Friday might be my absolute last chance to go! Glad to see you get out a lot this year and to get your dad out!!

2. Banned
    Long time no hear. I think Joe mentioned you've been fishing Wisconsin tourneys.

Still balmy here in OH and KY. Lows in the 20s, highs in the 50s. Made the 3 hour run to Cave Run today. No fish but I mamnagws to get my new Helix 10 our for the first time. And took a trip up the Licking River for the first time. With the water level 6' low (winter pool) it was easy to follow the channel 2 1/2 miles up. No fish but a good day nonetheless.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Long time no hear. I think Joe mentioned you've been fishing Wisconsin tourneys.

I've been fishing the SE AC division mainly the past few years. Very fun circuit with absolutely no drama! How can you beat places like Okauchee, Madison Chain, etc?

5. Member
    I was holding out for some decent weather this weekend and Friday looked to be the ticket until my wife told me we have eye doctor appointments on black Friday. So Friday after the eye doctor drag the boat to the car wash and stick it into the garage.
    Please release me,let me go.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by winnebasschamp View Post
    I've been fishing the SE AC division mainly the past few years. Very fun circuit with absolutely no drama! How can you beat places like Okauchee, Madison Chain, etc?
    2 hour ride each way for a 1 day tourney is a bit too much for me. Bad enough I have to get up at 3:30 for the 6:00 takeoff on the Chain. It was good to hear from you again.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    2 hour ride each way for a 1 day tourney is a bit too much for me. Bad enough I have to get up at 3:30 for the 6:00 takeoff on the Chain. It was good to hear from you again.
    That's why I live on the border my friend! Close to fishing and "close" to work. We decided It was a bit far to fish also.
    I HIGHLY recommend you give the Madison Chain a try next year in May or June. Message me for details if you go!
    Paul this is some of the best fishing for panfish and walleye on the Chain for the year! Don't put the boat away so soon man!!
    Tell your boy to get with one of his buddies and try Nielsen's for bass right now. Fish around any existing weed clumps in the afternoon. I bet you he could do well!

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by winnebasschamp View Post
    That's why I live on the border my friend! Close to fishing and "close" to work. We decided It was a bit far to fish also.
    I HIGHLY recommend you give the Madison Chain a try next year in May or June. Message me for details if you go!
    Paul this is some of the best fishing for panfish and walleye on the Chain for the year! Don't put the boat away so soon man!!
    Tell your boy to get with one of his buddies and try Nielsen's for bass right now. Fish around any existing weed clumps in the afternoon. I bet you he could do well!
    I'm not opposed to Wisconsin at all. We hit Tichigan, Beaullah, Twin, and I think 1 other this year. Will be doing the same next year hoping to hit more. We have a place in the Dells so I'm not too far from Madison, but I usually fish Lake Wisconsin or the Wisconsin River. I'm done with panfish for the year. No room in the freezer. As far as Joe's buddies, I don't know if you saw the 2016 Skeeter that Mike bought. He dropped a ton of money on it and last I heard he hadn't been out since August or September. Those boys are definitely fair weather fishermen.
    The bass were active on Bangs 3 weeks ago. Still had green weeds. We fished in that downpour when it was 40*. Bass were in less than 10ft of water hitting jerkbaits and swimjigs. They were whacking them too. His launch dock is probably pulled in by now. They had all the other docks pulled in when I had them winterize the boat.

9. Member
    My aunt had a place on Bangs. Spent a number of Summers there in Spencer Highlands. Caught my first pickerel there in the late 1940's. Lots of good memories.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12