Thread: Pro air

Pro air

Why is the pro air for the livewell on a switch by itself . I had to add a recirculator for the livewell. I figured it would be on a timer

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    My 207 works off the recirc switch. Only thing I can think of, someone added a different kind of pro air.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lifetime1962 View Post
    Why is the pro air for the livewell on a switch by itself . I had to add a recirculator for the livewell. I figured it would be on a timer
    Which model do you have? My 207 works likelifetime1962's. My recirculator has a two position switch and is either on automatic, constant on or off. OK, maybe a3 way switch then....

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    98 207 pro tournament 10th anniversary edition. My areator is timed and pumps fresh water in on the timer. The recirc is manual only and pulls air thru the hose into the elbow going into the livewell.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    98 207 pro tournament 10th anniversary edition. My areator is timed and pumps fresh water in on the timer. The recirc is manual only and pulls air thru the hose into the elbow going into the livewell.
    Yes, you are correct, my 1999 07 is the same, I was thinking about the livewell being auto or manual. Ignore me....I have too many senior moments:)

6. Member
    I pumped fresh water in and pump livewell water out with timer on my 207 1999.

I phoned Sprint tech when my boat was new and they recommended you use front livewell switches or the console don't mix them.

7. Member
    Mine is the 91 286 pro tournament . On the dash I have power / lights/ aerator/bilge/ and last pro air . Inside the livewell where the water comes into the well the the nozzle has a tee on it that you connect the pro air line too

8. Member
    Mine doesn't have the recirc installed from factory. I install d my own and have it to a timer 4 position

9. Member
    I put a timer on that as well

10. Member
    The Pro Air switch controls the hydraulic jack plate if installed. I have a 94 286 Pro Tournament and the Pro Air controls the Hydraulic Jack Plate. I have a pump in switch to fill the live well, an auto/manual recirc switch, and the pump out switch is located by the temperature gauge. The last switch on the panel is the Pro Air switch.
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

11. Banned
    My 94 Sprint 286 Pro Tournament Pro Air just recircualtes water in livewell. Would it be better to have it routed to pump out and have new water pumped in or keep as is?

12. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    The pro air works with the recirc and is fine when pulling out with the livewells closed....that is the only time I recirc....while fishing I have my areator pumping in fresh water on the timer with drains open....never lose fish.

13. Member
    I installed a long stone mounted to the bottom of the livewell and I didn't want it on a timer yet to make sure keeps fish alive . It works . I disconnected it from the fill . Didn't make sense to oxygenate incoming water . I figured out recirc is better than pulling water from lake , since the lake is hotter on one end of the lake than the other ,20 degrees difference.