Need advice on motor and right pitch for new prop( newb to this)

Ive been seeing a ton of guys posting numbers with there 18ft triton bass boats with 150hp motors..Saying there in the low 60mph and some mid 60mph range...Im new to this but im running a 125 merc on a 99 triton 180 dc(18ft) bass boat and im only seeing roughly 50mph at max rpms(5250).My question is, would a 150 give me that much for speed?? Right now im.running a 4 Blade throphy plus and i think it could be slowing me down...Been looking at the laser 2 3 blade...I wanna keep my rpms where they are now so i dont hurt the motor..What do you guys reccomend for pitch 23 24?? Also if i can get those 60mph numbers with a 150 i found a few for sale..Or what would a 3 blade do for me for speed?? Ive posted about this before and got little to no answers.Thanks

2. Member
    You need to prop your motor for max rpm. IMO any 18 ft triton with a 150 will run 60 mph if set up right. Running your rpms that low your not getting everything out of your motor now
    2016 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    Put the 150 on it and get a 23" tempest plus prop and a 6" jack plate.

4. Member
    13tzx190 im running max rpms now....unless my gauge is off a bit..

5. Member
    is yours the tr18? A tr18 is smaller than the tr186. I would get a 3 blade to start and raise your motor if you got a jack plate until you get to the minimum water pressure at wot. The older tritons like the motor high and fully trimmed out. I see your just across the border so if your fishing Erie and Lake Ontario I would stay with the 4 blade and the motor a little deeper. I've had my tr186 for 5 years now and and I can count on 1 hand how many times I've been able to reach wot on Lake Erie.