Having problems with steering

I have. SeaStar. Hydraulic steering and today it has stop turning the motor. I was running 55 when it locked up and wpuldnt steer. I can not find any leaks. Lines are older but look in okay shape. I bought the boat used and don’t know if it’s ever had any work or any problems. So my question is how can I get it loose Again without buying a whole new system

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    While your question doesn't really relate to a specific engine, it would be a good idea to review the Forum Announcements so that you can be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting.

You indicated it "locked up". By that, do you mean that the steering wheel will not rotate left or right?

Your BEST bet is to get this in to a Qualified Dealer or Technician that is familiar with this system. Steering is one of those thing that "is not at all Optional"- it's an absolute must that it work PROPERLY and SAFELY.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor