Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GA Ranger View Post
    The demo ride went great. I drove both the FX21 and the ZX250. The lake was a little rough which is what I wanted. I can truly say there IS a difference in the ride. Here are the things I found were different.
    1. The FX ride was better than the ZX. Not by a whole lot but I could defiantly feel the difference. The FX just felt like a heavier boat going through the chop.
    2. The FX hull will turn on a dime at 45-50 mph. The ZX felt like it wanted to slip a little.
    3. Both both will flat out fly with the SHO on them.
    4. I didn't care for the new deck layout in the ZX. But thats just a preference thing.

I will be testing the Legend V20 next week. I will be pulling the trigger on either very soon.
    Don't rule out the fact that the props were a touch different which could have had all the effect between the two. If you like the layout of the FX, a 2017 Zx250 is an option, just less fancy. Honestly, Skeeter needs to do away with that layout, but keep the 2nd day box.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GA Ranger View Post
    The demo ride went great. I drove both the FX21 and the ZX250. The lake was a little rough which is what I wanted. I can truly say there IS a difference in the ride. Here are the things I found were different.
    1. The FX ride was better than the ZX. Not by a whole lot but I could defiantly feel the difference. The FX just felt like a heavier boat going through the chop.
    2. The FX hull will turn on a dime at 45-50 mph. The ZX felt like it wanted to slip a little.
    3. Both both will flat out fly with the SHO on them.
    4. I didn't care for the new deck layout in the ZX. But thats just a preference thing.

I will be testing the Legend V20 next week. I will be pulling the trigger on either very soon.
    This would be my selection I think...especially that new Silver color black diamond edition for 2018!

3. Member
    I would test ride the phoenix. It will smoke the others in the handling and ride department. The legend will be really nice but they aren't speed demons by no means. The fx is a sweet boat.

4. Member
    Glad you liked the bugs! Happy Thanksgiving! You will find some pretty creative storage options on the Legend which was the only plus on the Alpha 211 that I owned..it will also feel heavier in the water than the bug...and it will handle that way too. Mine was a dog out of the hole with a Merc 250 with way too much and too long of a bow rise from a dead stop with the motor tucked all the way in or in any other position...make sure that you conduct quite a few dead stops from decent speeds and check for wash over at the rear...mine was horrible...I sold my Legend within six months and bought my bug...no regrets what so ever!...aside from lost $$$$.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    Glad you liked the bugs! Happy Thanksgiving! You will find some pretty creative storage options on the Legend which was the only plus on the Alpha 211 that I owned..it will also feel heavier in the water than the bug...and it will handle that way too. Mine was a dog out of the hole with a Merc 250 with way too much and too long of a bow rise from a dead stop with the motor tucked all the way in or in any other position...make sure that you conduct quite a few dead stops from decent speeds and check for wash over at the rear...mine was horrible...I sold my Legend within six months and bought my bug...no regrets what so ever!...aside from lost $$$$.LOL
    Friend of mine had a legend your spot on!!!! skeeter handles better than any boat I've been in

6. Member
    Sounds to me like speed and handling is your driving factor here for another boat. The boats you are set on are going to have minimal speed gains over what you have now. I would try all the brands you could and buy the one that gives you that wow factor it sounds like you are after.
    BULLET 20XRD/Mercury 300 XS

7. Member
    if its a true 80mph "bass boat" you seek, then a BassCat may be an option. My old 21' dual console iclass will hit 75, full tanks, 1 pole, all my tackle and me. that is with a 300 2 stroke though and 5800 rpm, manual 13" jackplate. to me, that's haulin in such a big boat that isn't stripped down and doesn't chine walk.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I would test ride the phoenix. It will smoke the others in the handling and ride department. The legend will be really nice but they aren't speed demons by no means. The fx is a sweet boat.
    My 21' Legend and the other 3 211's I have fished from were all 74+ mph boats and faster than my FX21.

I did have backwash when coming to a stop on my Legend, but I added a hole shot plate and that pretty much got rid of that.

9. Member
    Go test drive and fish out of a PHX 21. Picked mine up last week. I was a 15 year Skeeter owner. Had all models too.

10. Member
    Hey Brialinn Id love to know either on here or pm what your main differences between your Skeeters and your PHX.

11. Member
    I presume that the Legend was a "slug" compared to the bug...and I hope you made them fill the gas tank before the test ride....how did it go?

12. Member
    I'm curious...what did you think of the Legend Ga Ranger ? Merry Christmas everyone!

13. Member
    edw.....I did drive and go through the Legend. I spent about 45 minutes on the water and an hr going through the boxes inside and out. I do have to say that Legend makes a great product. I did hear different stories about how the Legend's hole shot wasn't very good and the handling wasn't up to par. I do have to say that the boat actually jump out of the hole really well. I know it only had 2 guys and a 1/2 tank of gas but i was still impressed with how it handles out of the hole. I also read where it wasn't a very stable boat. To me thats far from the truth. I had both myself and the sales guy on the front deck and on the same side and it was pretty stable. With all that being said, Im still not ready to pull the trigger on one because of the war stories about JM shutting them down.

Love Skeeter! Been using them since I was 8 years old. My dad had two Skeeter boats, and I'm currently on my second one.

15. Member
    Ga Ranger, My Alpha 211 was a foot longer and it was not what I had dreamed of...not all boats are for each individual....that's for sure. The Legend was what I felt as a well designed layout as far as storage goes... it was endless! I wish you the very best in making the right decision for "you"...no matter how you look at it..it's whole boat load of money! No pun intended! Merry Christmas to you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12