PLEASE help me decide

Hey guys this is my first post but have read 10,000 threads on Legend. Im currently in a Ranger Z521c. Not a bad boat but just not happy with the ride or speed. Ive been looking heavily at the 2017-18 V20. I can't find anything that I don't like about them. Heres my concerns ( only because of a couple threads I've read). 1. Holeshot 2. Hull stress cracks
    3. Are they shutting the plant down in 1-5 years. 4. SHO or Pro xs. I will be taking a demo ride next weekend but wanted to get some honest opinions about my 4 concerns. I appreciate your responses.

2. Member
    Pretty sure the hole shot issue was resolved after the 2015 model year.

3. Legend Boats Moderator
    1. Should not be an issue
    2. Any brand can get stress cracks
    3. Unless Johnny is a member or he comes out and says something specifically about this issue anything you read on this forum is strictly speculation
    4. That will be your personal preference. The SHO will have a higher initial cost if you are buying new. Can't go wrong with either

4. Member
    Get the SHO.... you'll love it. I'm pretty sure the Pro XS will be replaced by Mercury very soon.

5. Member
    The ride will be better but as far as speed goes the V20 series is about the same as the ranger your looking at 70-72. If you actually compared a 520 to the v20 from all reports the ranger may have the slight edge on speed
    Nitro z21

6. Member
    I have a 17 v20 with a Pro XS.. Bobs hydraulic plate, no issues with holeshot. It will run about 70-72, the rough water ride is awesome. Love the layout of the boat, easily fishes two people on the front deck all day. I don't have any experience with the SHO but I'm sure that motor is quality also. Overall I love my v20. Everyone is waiting to hear about the future of Legend, I won't believe anything until the higher ups issue a statement.
    Just my .02

7. Member
    Hey IDCI is that 70-72 tournament loaded.

8. Member
    It will run about 70-72 with a full load.. Throw in a co angler and you might lose a few Mph but not bad. That's why I like having a bobs hydraulic plate.. You can tweak it on the fly.

9. Member
    I have a 2016 v20. Awesome hole shot. Yesterday I ran 71 with room for more. 1 person loaded 3/4 tank, 1/2 live wells, 25 fury. Pro xs. Amazing boat. Never been in a ranger so can't compare.
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    SN #2B124385 Model #1251P73BD.
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    68 gps, tourney loaded, full gear, full tank.
    Croxton worked 3 blade 24P fury, 0 plugs.
    Seastar Teleflex Pro Hydraulic steering.
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch gen3 at console.
    Single Lowrance HDS 12 touch gen3 at bow.
    LSS2 transducer

The 521c should be about the same speed as the V20...The 520c is on average 2-3 mph faster in my experience. I would stick with the Ranger if it were me. They hold their value better and are easier to resale.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    The 521c should be about the same speed as the V20...The 520c is on average 2-3 mph faster in my experience. I would stick with the Ranger if it were me. They hold their value better and are easier to resale.
    No way is the 521c as fast as the V20. I have friend who has a 520 and can't run with the V20 so no way a 521 can. You can't go wrong with the Ranger or Legend the only issue you will have selling a ranger is there are so many of them for sale yours would really need to stand out to get noticed. Just look at the boats for sale on here and you'll see what I mean. Search for ranger and legend speeds and you'll see what people are running.
    2016 Legend V20 DC
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    SN #2B124385 Model #1251P73BD.
    12" Bobs hydraulic JP
    68 gps, tourney loaded, full gear, full tank.
    Croxton worked 3 blade 24P fury, 0 plugs.
    Seastar Teleflex Pro Hydraulic steering.
    (2) BT 10' white Talons.
    Merc monitor.
    MK Ultrex 112lb 36v TM.
    Dual Lowrance HDS 9 touch gen3 at console.
    Single Lowrance HDS 12 touch gen3 at bow.
    LSS2 transducer

I've owned both a 15 model V20 and a 15 model 520c...I'll say it again...From my experience...The 520c is 2-3 mph faster on average...I had one of the faster V20s also...No poles...Lithium pro batteries...I had a Pro XS on the V20 and a G2 on the 520c...The Mercury is typically a faster motor as well.

Took me maybe two weeks to sell my 520c for 56k....

Had my V20 for sale for several months with no takers priced below 50k...I ended up trading it in for 45k....

13. Member
    My 2016 V-20 was slightly faster than my 2015 V-20. My Ranger 520c and my 2015 V-20 are very comparable when in come to speed on flat water. I fish the Great Lakes and when it’s rough is where the boat shines. I’m passing people left and right and not beating up my equipment or my boat. I’ve never had a passenger who is not impressed with the ride. If fun watching guys brace for impact for no reason. Makes me laugh every time. That’s the fun part of boat shopping is that every brand does specific things better than their competitors. You just need to figure out what’s important to you and pick the one that does it the best.

I agree with Craig...My conclusion after owning both is that the V20 rides much better than the 520c.