Thread: Rodman Today

Rodman Today

First off I would like to Thank all of my Brother and Sister Veterans for allowing me the freedom to enjoy this wonderful day doing my favorite thing in the world, to enjoy a quiet day fishing on Rodman. You stand the Watch, so I don't have to, you relived me of the Watch 11 years ago and for that I am forever grateful. I gave some but very very many gave all, I am grateful to you all. God Bless You and America

Now for the fishing. The storm has changed the Pool for the worst, the water is high and turbid and it has turned in to a Mudfish factory. I caught 8 fish total 3 Bass and 5 toothy SOB'S. They can fight though. I was looking for bait and feeding cormorants and saw neither, the cabbage finally started to clear out and I was able to get to the river channel on the opposite side of where Kenwood comes in to the Barge canal. I tried crank-baits (Square Bills and Lipless), Chatter baits, Spinner-baits no hits on those. The fish were caught on plastics. 1 of the bass (the biggest of the day 3 pounds) came on a Missile Baits D-Bomb. The other two came on Zoom Swim Sticks. The Muds came on plastics as well. I hope that the grass can rebound from the storm, if not there is no telling how the fishing is going to be. I only have a short time before I have to head out again, I am going to start hitting the river. (Astor) hopefully the ramp will be usable.

Spanky

always enjoy reading your reports Happy Veteran's Day, thank you for your service and sacrifice.

3. Member
    Was the pig trail open by chance? And yeah, fishing in there has been tough.

I heard that it was but I did not check for myself......

Spanky

It was open for the most part yesterday, but 3 big floaters across it, one under some cabbage...If you run it make sure your insurance is paid up...
    LD

6. Member
    It is open and clear. Logs are on the side but on big one at the entrance to kenwood from the barge canal.

The wind moves them around daily..
    LD