Thread: Ultrex= LOVE !!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I’m waiting for the trolling motor power pole all in one unit. Drop your trolling motor and drive your trolling motor spike into the bottom. Reckon I should patent the idea?
    How are you going to move?.
    I got nothin

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn View Post
    How are you going to move?.
    You let probe come up, like a Talon design, only built into the trolling motor.

3. Member
    Or just use the spot lock.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodz View Post
    Or just use the spot lock.
    Spot lock in 3 or 5 or 7ft of water makes a muddy mess. Different tools for different situations.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

5. Banned
    I like my power poles in shallow water, no noise and doesn't scare shallow fish. Now deep water is a whole lot different.

6. Member
    I suppose but I never anchor in 3' of water. I go deeper and cast to the shallows.

7. Member
    I suppose but I never anchor in 3' of water. I go deeper and cast to the shallows.
    A lot of us fish areas that rarely get deeper than 8 feet.

This part is not directed at you specifically rodz, more at these threads in general.

It's amazing to see that some people can't understand that everyone doesn't fish deep lakes. I can run around here all day long and never see deeper than 8ft except for the scattered deep holes where the tide has cut a hole. just because your home lake doesn't provide the opportunity to utilize both tools, doesn't mean that thousands of other anglers don't have that need.

8. Member
    So have the "bugs" that I've seen posts about been worked out? Trigger finger is getting itchy.
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
    So have the "bugs" that I've seen posts about been worked out? Trigger finger is getting itchy.
    yup

10. Member
    I used to think I had a competitive advantage in tournaments when the wind blew because so many guys would shy away from it or just were terrible with boat control. Ultrex is changing that real quick as more guys get them. That said they are really a game changer
    BassCat Cougar FTD / Mercury 250 ProXS
    Lowrance / Garmin

11. Member
    I don't anchor in 3' but I do often in 5' or more. It doesn't stir up the bottom and holds position great.

12. Member
    I don't anchor in 3' but I do often in 5' or more. It doesn't stir up the bottom and holds position great.
    Your bottoms are probably rock or gravel, here you'll sink to your knees if you step out.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    Your bottoms are probably rock or gravel, here you'll sink to your knees if you step out.
    That seems like it could be a problem for power poles. I'm in no way putting down power poles. For me the Ultrex is the best thing to come out in a long time. To say I'm impressed is an understatement.

14. Member
    That seems like it could be a problem for power poles. I'm in no way putting down power poles. For me the Ultrex is the best thing to come out in a long time. To say I'm impressed is an understatement.
    Not at all. Actually they work significantly better in mud than in rocks. So well in fact that they can get stuck for a couple of seconds when you go to pull them back up.

There are just a lot of places where having both makes sense. What doesn't make sense, is for guys to come on here and say poles are useless because their particular local lake is deep.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
    use you remote. Take the boat out 20' out and 10' right or left and spot lock
    put trailer in the water then use remote to pull boat up to dock. Hope in and pull boat onto trailer
    I must be a chicken chit . There is no way I would trust a trolling motor to be that foolproof

16. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stratosjoe View Post
    I must be a chicken chit . There is no way I would trust a trolling motor to be that foolproof
    You might NOT be the 1st guy to go swimming after their boat either!!
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123