Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    My wife wants a beach close enough to drive .....We may end up closer in florida .... Id be happy in a less populated area with good fishing .... Im not ruling anything out right now ...

2. Member
    We ended up on North Flordia ( St Augustine ) renting a condo for several months .... Im going to stay longer next winter so im goin to need my boat here .... Next year were thinking 3-4 months …. Theres a lake near me ( cresent lake ) I think it might be worth looking into more.... The lake is 13 miles long & 2 miles wide & connected to the st johns river …. Plus were about 40 mins from a town called palatika that has boat access to the st johns river ...One question I have is will my salt air rust my boat or trailer down here ….. Looks like im going to have to rent a storage place for my boat since condo don't have boat or trailer parking …

As have a lot of brackish water here in NC....it will hurt your trailer more than your boat/mota IMO. I would defiantly wash it down after and WD40 it up before use. Flush mota after.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Going through the same thing and its hard to figure it out. Lately we have been to Barkley and Kentucky and the fishing was good but there was not much else to do where we were. In Tennessee we went to Cherokee, Chickamauga, Dale Hollow, Douglas Lake, Dale Hollow and Cherokee are some beautiful lakes for sure but You can't figure out much about a lake and town in 3-4 days but for what we like to do Douglas around Dandridge was close to what we want because Pigeon Forge and the Smokies was only about 30 minutes away. I think this year I know I will be back to Barkley and maybe check out Norris but for the lakes I listed I could be happy at any of them but somebody reminded me that its not all about me.

5. Member
    I would definitely avoid Barkley or ky lake. They are in a terrible slump due to Asian carp and it will be a good while before they make a comeback.

6. Member
    The guys I go to Barkley with have been going there 18 years and fishing mostly in the little river and I am not able to change there mind.. They do not understand why they have such a hard time catching bass lately. I have fished it with some guides and fished in the Tennessee river on the backside of the dam with a guide named Jim Doom and the Asian carp we so thick it was hard to believe, we did catch a bunch of stripers though. Last year on our Barkley trip it was two days before either one of them caught a bass, I mostly fish for crappie there.

Central arkansas is hard to beat

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Keep in mind that Tennessee stays pretty darn cold in the winter ... I grew up there! Usually it's about 10 degrees warmer than here in Erlanger. In East Tennessee the fishing choices include Watts Bar, Ft. Loudon, Melton Hill, and Norris. If you don't mind driving .. Chickamauga and Dale Hollow. My dad and I used to trout fish a lot ... below Norris Dam and in the mountains. And a really cool thing about Tennessee is NO INCOME TAX!

9. Member
    You can't best east Tennessee. I live about 1 mile from Cherokee Lake, 20 from Douglas, also close to Norris, South Holston, Boone, Tennessee River, and 3 or 4 more. I've been a real estate broker with Remax for 23 years, shoot me a message if you would like some house pricing information. Also no state income taxes and low property taxes. I fish 12 months of the year but it does get a little cold during Jan and Feb but you can still have 60 degree days in those months.

The St Johns and Crescent have excellent bass fishing at times but this year the hurricane and FWC's endless spraying/killing of any and all vegetation has wreaked havoc on the fishery. The brackish water will take a toll on your trailer if not properly taken care of. You also have a ton of small lakes in that area that can be good fishing throughout the year.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris365 View Post
    The St Johns and Crescent have excellent bass fishing at times but this year the hurricane and FWC's endless spraying/killing of any and all vegetation has wreaked havoc on the fishery. The brackish water will take a toll on your trailer if not properly taken care of. You also have a ton of small lakes in that area that can be good fishing throughout the year.
    Thanks for the info ... Ive been here over a month now & havnt seen any bass boats on the A1A costal strip im on ….Mostly boston whaler types fishing boats ….I road over to the st john river ramp and did see 3 bass boat trailers in the lot ….

Quote Originally Posted by bulletbob20xd View Post
    Thanks for the info ... Ive been here over a month now & havnt seen any bass boats on the A1A costal strip im on ….Mostly boston whaler types fishing boats ….I road over to the st john river ramp and did see 3 bass boat trailers in the lot ….

Go over to debary and youll see some bass fishing

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12