Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Triton moving to the Legend factory?

When JM bought Legend this was my theory but today I passed the Legend factory and there was a big Triton banner on the fence next to the highway. Is Triton moving to Midway? On the same note I met a truck east of Mt. Home, he was headed east with a full load of boat molds, cold production be going back to TN? I know Triton still has offices and engineers there. Anybody with any insight?

2. Member
    The guy that owns bass pro shop owns trition ranger nitro stratos he can’t build a boat worth a dam anymore and don’t care he has pissed the employees offf he also bought cabeles . I would not buy any of these boats right now , I bought a new trition and it is junk ,

3. Member
    You're nuts. The boats still have the same good quality as before. I have a '17 Triton and it is flawless.
    If you are trolling, go somewhere else!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by log hopper View Post
    The guy that owns bass pro shop owns trition ranger nitro stratos he can’t build a boat worth a dam anymore and don’t care he has pissed the employees offf he also bought cabeles . I would not buy any of these boats right now , I bought a new trition and it is junk ,

Ive ran tritons since 2000, and my ‘17 is the nicest riding, has the best fishing platform and the most storage of all the others I’ve owned. If you call these junk, unless you just got a bad apple in the bunch, (which every brand has it happen) I don’t see how any boat could please you. All of em I’ve owned have been really good boats and this one hasn’t disappointed me so far.

You sound quite bitter. You're the same guy putting down the marina or dealership in Alabama (or whatever it was) without any information to back your claim.
    Your credibility is in doubt based on your comments as far as I'm concerned.

6. Member
    I'm still curious about the truck load of molds I saw headed east. I figured from the time of the Legend acquisition that Triton would probably be moved to that plant but will all models be made there? Or will some go back to TN?

7. Member
    My 17 is flawless also. It's my third Triton and by far the nicest of the three.

Are you also "On Top"? Your location (Cullman), piss poor grammar, and endless Triton bashing are the same.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jlg309 View Post
    Are you also "On Top"? Your location (Cullman), piss poor grammar, and endless Triton bashing are the same.
    I'd bet so.

He was active as "loghopper" 2007 to 2013, then "on top" shows up 2013 till now and goes on his triton rant until most decide he's a lunatic. Then we have the return of "loghopper". He's got a complaint about most everything. I think he needs a hug.

You own a TritON and can't even spell it's name.

12. Member
    Talked to an inside source at Ranger and yes at leat some models are going to the Midway/Legend facility, they weren't sure about all models.

13. Member
    It's a done deal. At this moment they are building the 20trx. By end of February all triton models will be made in midway!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bassanglr View Post
    It's a done deal. At this moment they are building the 20trx. By end of February all triton models will be made in midway!!!!!
    Are they still making Legends side by side, or are they done? I figure their demise is not an "if" but "when" after they were bought out.

15. Member
    Are they still making Legends side by side, or are they done? I figure their demise is not an "if" but "when" after they were bought out.
    I'm not in the know but I don't see Legend going anywhere, I think JM just bought the brand for the facility so he could move Triton over and free up space in Flippin. I don't know if you've ever been to the Flippin plant but with Ranger and Trition both in there it's pretty cramped. Legend's facility looks way larger than what they need for the amount of boats it turns out, I think it definitely has some room and if expansion is needed they have the land at their facility to do so.

16. Member
    Ive heard over on the Legend forums that Legend is done. All the pros have been told they are not renewing their sponsorships. I think the Lee bros have already been set up in Rangers I believe
    2001 Triton TR21 w/ 2008 Mercury 250 Pro XS

17. Banned
    I've asked a few guys that had Legend boat deals, basically they are in a holding pattern, its status quo for now but I have to believe if Legend cannot increase sales in 2018 they may be in trouble of getting discontinued.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSkv99 View Post
    Ive heard over on the Legend forums that Legend is done. All the pros have been told they are not renewing their sponsorships. I think the Lee bros have already been set up in Rangers I believe
    Fred Roumbanis is moving to Triton
    Eastern Kentucky University
    2003 Stratos 200 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO

19. Member
    Hate to partake in the "internet" chatter but well, at least I've seen Legend boats being bought, who has seen new Stratos boats lately?

Don't see Legend going anywhere just yet but heck, who knows nowadays.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Weare View Post
    Hate to partake in the "internet" chatter but well, at least I've seen Legend boats being bought, who has seen new Stratos boats lately?

Don't see Legend going anywhere just yet but heck, who knows nowadays.
    No more Stratos, 2017 was the last model year.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712234

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast